Confusion over community service work

Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confusion over community service work

My husband went to court on Friday. He has to do 50 hours of community service work. This is what he didn't do the first time and why his warrant was issued. We are having trouble figuring out what he is supposed to do. The judge and his lawyer didn't give any specifics. The lawyer suggested he check with our church but my husband doesn't want them to know what he is in trouble for (drug related). And also, the lawyer said it needs to be documented. The charges were in a town two hours away, but the lawyer said the work could be done anywhere.

Does anyone know anything about this? How do we find places and times where he can do the work, and how do we get documentation that it was done. I just feel like we were given no direction (and feel that maybe this is why my husband didn't get it done the first time around two years ago.)
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My husband did community service at halfway houses (cleaning up old stuff, yard work, minor construction repairs.) Patching a church roof for free counted and alos moving furniture around and painting at a police precinct
Old 03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Another example of community service:

Helping at the local animal shelter.
Helping at the local children's home.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

But how do you find out who needs you to do work? Is there a list somewhere, or do you just start calling non profit organizations in the area and asking if they need any work done?
Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your responses! Apparently my AH is one step ahead of me! I spoke to him on lunch and he had already called the parks dept in our city and set up an evening thing. Apparently they don't have a janitor right now and can use him for three hours each evening!

I'm not used to him being responsible for himself! I guess my codie self jumped the gun and figured I have to set it all up for him! I like the fact that he can figure things out on his own!!!

He actually asked me this weekend if I still loved him. I said yes, why not? He said, I was afraid you wouldn't like me sober. I told him I love the sober him even more. I am just puzzled that he would think the drunk/high him is better than the sober him!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by CrushedbyCrack View Post
I'm not used to him being responsible for himself! I guess my codie self jumped the gun and figured I have to set it all up for him! I like the fact that he can figure things out on his own!!!
hey, crush, i haven't seen you around lately. how you been?

you made me laugh with this one, i'm having the same problem, this behavior is like forein behavior to me. from the look of things, it kind of forein to you to. when i started reading your post, i thought "why not let him do the reseach, she's saying WE have to find out.................. "then i read this part, funny the way you said it.

glad he don't have to go to jail
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Things are good. He's been sober since Mar 3 and he's doing really well. Surprising me every day. He has done a whole lot of work around the house and it's like being married to a new man! I'm loving it!