SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   A Tribute...to Ann (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/119227-tribute-ann.html)

cece1960 03-24-2007 03:56 PM

A Tribute...to Ann

Please allow me...

About two and a half years ago, I arrived here, on my knees. I was a broken woman. My son, first born, was addicted to heroin and rapidly traveling further and further into a dark dark world.

I have three kids...each hold a special place in my heart...but this child often stood to represent my success (or failure) as a parent, as a person...why I was placed here on God's earth.

My son (bless his heart) found his way. Not because of anything "I" did, perhaps what helped was what "I" didn't, but HE climbed his way out,

Regardless...I stayed, here at SR....and I continued to learn. Some things that were said kept haunting me. I didn't feel I was done.

About the most loud, most meaningful and most profound thing I can think of is:
"Try not to stay in the problem, but instead work in the solution" (paraphrased)

It came from Ann...maybe from someone else before, but "I" heard it from Ann, so that remains my "source".

January of this year I decided to make that a goal. To do just that.

It is March...it has already proved to be invaluable both in my personal and professional life.
I have been living in the solution...and being noticed.
I think I'm happy...who would've thought?!!!

Ann...thank you for helping me change my life...I love you.

((((hugs))))
Cece

historyteach 03-24-2007 04:09 PM

Cece,

A very beautiful tribute,
for a very beautiful woman.
Inside and outside.

I am so grateful for and to Ann...
Who's been my friend for so long...

I love you, Ann... :hug:

L'Chaim, my friend! :wink3:

greeteachday 03-24-2007 04:23 PM

Cece, Thank you for putting into such terrific words what i feel in my heart. And I am so incredibly happy for you that you have found happiness in living in the solution.

The world is filled with so many people who can benefit from the wisdom that is shared here every day. I wish they could all find SR and find the serenity of taking a journey to finding a better way to live.

Thank you Ann, thank you Cece. You have both given me more in this past year than I could ever have imagined the day I stumbled (no, truly crawled) into this forum. I love you both. Hugs

cmc 03-24-2007 04:30 PM

Cece,
Thanks for sharing your hope and strength, how it was and how it is now. I for one, am glad you decided to stick around here at SR!

Ann.
You are such a wonderful person. Thanks for always sharing and giving so much of yourself to others here. :)

special hugs to: ****{cece}}}
special hugs to: ******{Ann}}}

outonalimb 03-24-2007 05:12 PM

What a beautiful post, Cece.
You are such a beautiful soul...inside and out.
Your recovery shines so brightly and I am grateful for everything you share here.

And..well...Ann...
What can I say? What can you say about a woman who always seems to know just what your heart needs to hear. Ann, you've touched my soul and my heart on many occasions here at SR. You are a true treasure. Know that you are loved and cherished.

Here, here to Cece and Ann...

Love you both.
I do.

teke 03-24-2007 05:26 PM

thanks cece

ann all i can say is thank you and may your light shine always. when i first came here and this lady named ANN told me that I WAS NOT CRAZY!!!! change my whole life forever. PLEASE don't take this like common codie behavior, i was literally asylum kind of crazy cause i allowed my rah to brain wash me, telling me that i was crazy and i believed it. had been going on for about 5yrs before i found sr. i was literally withering away cause i was crazy and didn't know how not to be.

scared to tell anyone how i felt cause i was brain washed into believing that if i told a doctor or anyone else, that they would put me away and give me shots of thorazine(sp). brain washed my family and my children and now i had everyone i knew, telling me that i had lost my mind. you all have saved me.

i remember that lady ann, cause she was the first person to answer my post and i was just shocked to think that i would get a response at all.

i think that the only reason i posted that night was because i knew that you guys didn't know who i was and you didn't know where to find me to have me locked up. i knew that you couldn't see me cause it was the internet. i was really sick.

Ann 03-24-2007 05:36 PM

Oh my, I just saw this and it brings tears to my eyes. I am so darn grateful for each one of you and if something I said along the way made a difference in your life, I am humbled and happy to be able to carry the message.

You know, yesterday was my 5 year anniversary/postaversary here at SR and I was going to post something special, but I really couldn't think of anything to say except for "thank you". Words just cannot express the magic and healing and love and friendship that I have found here. Words could never express how touched my heart has been by each one of you. For someone with a gazillion posts...I just couldn't find the words to tell you all how very much I love you. :grouphug:

I will find something special, but it will be a token of my gratitude for all of you, because these have been the best 5 years of my life.

Again, the only words that really say it are "thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Love you all.

best 03-24-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ann (Post 1262495)

You know, yesterday was my 5 year anniversary/postaversary here at SR and I was going to post something special...

Happy Ann - iversary Ann.

Your posts are always special.
*HUGE HUG*

Elana 03-24-2007 05:58 PM

You have been a tremendous example for me as well Ann, tho Cece said it and I thank her and you.

(((Cece)))
(((Ann)))

krhea75 03-24-2007 06:32 PM

I agree wholeheartedly! Thank you Ann for the stickies, the posts on my questions and others. Your name always makes me sit up and pay attention.
krhea

bookmiser 03-24-2007 06:35 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../thFRIIISA.jpg

I, too, have been truly blessed this last year and a half.
Ann, Cece, Moose, Teach, Greet, and so many others, most of all BigSis, have touched my life in ways that no one else could. You've picked me up, dusted me off, and kept me walking on this road to recovery, and I can't thank all of you enough for being here for me. For all of us.
You all, are truly guardian angels sent from above.
I love you all so much, and I pray someday, to be just like you guys.
Saying just the right things, at just the right times. To carry the torch, and help light the way, so others can learn to let go, let God, and feel good about taking care of themselves for once. To help them move forward in their lives, and not let the codependency drag them down in the depths of despair and anguish. Okay, enough heavy stuff...lol
I love you all, too! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../thfriends.jpg