Good Stuff

Old 03-24-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Stuff

Since I started working my own recovery, I've also noticed that every day life offers "little" rewards...today was one of those times.

Tim has been involved in Cub Scouts, and pretty much bailed on it once my ex-A wasn't around anymore to go with him. Since then, Tim's been getting interested in "boy" stuff more than he had been, specifically sports.

So I signed him up for Little League. Today was his very first practice, and at the end, the assistant coach singled me out from the other parents (of course, doom-and-gloom-codie that I am, I immediately assumed Tim had done something wrong, or there was some other issue.)

Turns out, he wanted to ask me if it was true that Tim had never, ever played baseball before (it is.) He went on to tell me that Tim shows real potential, and that he is really impressed with him. Then he called the head coach over...and as the conversation progressed, it turns out that he was really impressed too, and thinks that if Tim sticks with it, he could be really, really good...and then, he found out that Tim has NOT chosen a hand, and it clicked that Tim was catching righty and batting lefty...and he got very excited, and they're going to start working with Tim at practices to find out where his strengths lie, and to see how he does batting righty too.

So, today life's little reward is finding out about my boy's hidden talents.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

funny wonderful........
Old 03-24-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I suspect if he is like his mom another talent he has is that he is adorable and loving and caring...Boy that and hitting home runs...what a combination

Thanks for sharing today's joy. I love seeing the daily rewards and miracles.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How awesome! I am grinning from ear to ear for you. We just never know what little (and big) wonders are waiting for us every day we wake up. Thanks so much for sharing this!
Terri
Old 03-24-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Trish...

I am just so happy for you and Tim.

My little man plays little league too. He's been out in the backyard practicing for about 3 weeks now...just raring to go play ball. I'm the loudest broad in the stands on game day. Its the most joyous experience...It really is. I am so happy that both of you have a new adventure to share! You're gonna love it...and he will too.

What a blessing those coaches are...
I'm sending up a special prayer of thanks for them...and all of the coaches out there who encourage kids like they do. Bless them...bless them...bless them.

Happy Baseball Hugs...
Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Of course he is impressed....that's OUR Tim we're talking about here and he is one very special young man!!! We've been impressed for years, so coachie just better know enough to be good to our Tim or he will have one angry bleacher section and hear yelling all the way from Canada

And if that doesn't work, these bunny slippers will be marching down there to nudge some sense into him.

Big Hugs for Tim, and tell him I will be waiting for my World Series tickets when he gets there.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats to your new found talents of your bright star.......it is those little things that bring the most joy...when you least expect it...
Old 03-24-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sounds like you've got a champ there, glad to hear. i'm lovin it!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Limb-Tim has been trying to do the same thing, only we live on a mountain, so everything he does with the baseball sends it rolling into the woods below us.

Ann-The guest bedroom should be done in time for opening day.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Trish,
When I met the little critter, I knew he had a LOT of energy..
.(little people that age usually do, LOL) so, I bet he's going to really shine playing baseball.

Wish I lived closer, I sure would love to see him play!

Give him a huge Moose hug for me, and Mr. Moose.

(P.S. send picture of him in his uniform...Pleeaase...)
Old 03-25-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll send a picture once we have uniforms, I promise...they must not have chosen a color yet or something.

I suspect it will be red - his team is the Rock Solid Cardinals.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
grateful rca

what happened with the name change?
Old 03-25-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD..................

TIMMY, TIMMY, TIM-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Let me know if Timmy needs a lesson or two from Aunt Hangin'. I played in one softball game, went back to catch the ball (the coach [Mr. Hangin'] stuck me in left field...imagine that) and I fell in a ditch.

Ok, so maybe no coaching tips from me, but hey...bring Timmy to the computer and tell him to practice saying this:

"Hey batta batta batta, hey batta batta batta ...........SWING!"

The boy has undeniable talent. Watch out world!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LOL - Tim is simply dreading the day his team plays the Grasshoppers (his best friend Thomas's team.)

Thomas's mom and I have purchased pom-poms...and are practicing parental obnoxiousness.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abtchonamission View Post
Thomas's mom and I have purchased pom-poms...and are practicing parental obnoxiousness.
Trish...Let me know if you need any pointers.
I got the job down pat!!!

Last year, Dominic got hit by a ball. Nothing serious, mind you. But the coaches ran out there to check on him and I sat in the bleachers literally holding on the bench so I wouldn't run out there and embarass him in front of everyone. That was a major challenge, let me tell ya!!!

I used to run along the baseline jumping up and down when he got a hit early on in the season. He was mortified. I had to learn to take my seat and keep it throughout the game. Talk about self-control !

Its really alot of fun Trish
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Trish...take it from a seasoned veteran (which means someone older than dirt).

When the game gets tense, 2 outs, bottom of the 9th (or last inning which might be about the 4th or 5th at his age) and Timmy is up to bat, do what I always do. Go to the concession stand and get a snickers and a coke.

Hey, that is NOT a bad idea. It's called taking healthy care of yourself. See...recovery....practice these principles in all our affairs....it works.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well...snickers is my favorite.....
Old 03-25-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

that is so good.hopefully tim will really get into this & do really great at it.it will be something postive to keep his mind on.also he will be around great male roles..i needed some postive in my life.hugs,
Old 03-25-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Trish...

You should think about getting him a pitch back. (you know...its a sqaure thing that bounces the ball back to them)...Dom's been playing with his all weekend. His catching and throwing skills have gotten better already.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Tim's problem is that every time he hits the ball, it goes down the mountain into the woods (we live on a mountain)...here...
and here...