a serious question

Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
grateful rca

see cinder, you sound like youre ready for cold and i'm thinking about warm weather.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
I vote for somewhere in the mountains
The Poconos are quite kewl, IMHO...we have been looking there for a retirement home (like Greet's but only one floor for my aging parents). And I know they have alot of campgrounds and such. It's beautiful country, I even went to girl scout camp somewhere up there :-) Plus I was born there...guess it's in the genes.
But this country is full of mountains...do you have a mountain range preference? :-)
Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My favorite mountains are the Blue Ridge. Beautiful all times of year. Not too hot, not too cold.

Texas scares me, way too much open desert
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

See, I dont get out much blues girl.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
grateful rca

now i really like the beach idea.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Disney World is in Orlando.
I dont see pretty here in Daytona, except on the beach but even then blah-Yuck.
Us locals that grew up here say you have to leave to ever get anywhere. I know addiction and partying is everwhere but it just seems like sucha high percentage that dont leave town are stuck in the cycle. Guess that is what happens when you skip high school and middle school because it was Spring Break Central.
The beach is no where as pretty as it used to be. Seems pollution is everywhere
Old 04-03-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ive been wanting to go to Seattle my whole life. I want to go whale watching. I just cant afford the $600 plan tickets
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Daytona water is brownish grey. Have to go south for blue green water. So many times areas are blocked because of bacteria.

Life isnt what it used to be
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Its already happened, once on the east Coast and last summer in California. HistoryTeach was an organizer of at least if not both of these SR meetings.

You might want to touch base with her about how challenging (or not) it was to organize and make happen!

Hugs
Cat
Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
My favorite mountains are the Blue Ridge. Beautiful all times of year. Not too hot, not too cold.
West Virginia...we traveled there to play a gig once many years ago...that sky drive or whatever they call it is absolutely gorgeous. Good choice!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Can I offer my help? Im an excellent planner and corordinator for events. I have a few friends who are travel agents and I know lots of people. It would take me time, but I can help with this. Im right in the middle of the US in St. Louis, Mo. The event would have to be planned when most people look to take their vacation, but not during major holidays when everything is so expensive, gas is higher and people dont want to fight traffic. It would do to do it in the school year as most have kids. So I have lots of ideas and connections. Let me know if I can help.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
grateful rca

gwen marie

i would think we need all the help we can get, since we want all included, only i have to save money so i need enough time to do that, and to drive, cause i don't know about flying, thats too high up for me, i think! LOL
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well, let me make some calls. I will find out the travel season, rates, and locations. I to think we need a poll to see exactly how many seriously plan to attend, and where the majority is coming from. Maybe one of the Admins or Mods of this board can set this up for me? The poll needs to be number in attendance, dates that is most easiest for them to attend, and where they are traveling from. I can get good deals on flights, buses, and hotels. Can I get the help of a Admin or Mod on this poll?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GwenMarie30 View Post
Can I offer my help? Im an excellent planner and corordinator for events. I have a few friends who are travel agents and I know lots of people. It would take me time, but I can help with this. Im right in the middle of the US in St. Louis, Mo. The event would have to be planned when most people look to take their vacation, but not during major holidays when everything is so expensive, gas is higher and people dont want to fight traffic. It would do to do it in the school year as most have kids. So I have lots of ideas and connections. Let me know if I can help.
Gwen, you were the first one to offer planner services, so I vote that you get the job (you may hate me later...hehe)
Love, SM
Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

the only reason texas would scare me is because I'm a philadelphia eagles fan!!!lol I'm in for wherever you guys say. If the poconos is a possibility I can really do some searching since I'm in philly.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rahsue View Post
the only reason texas would scare me is because I'm a philadelphia eagles fan!!!lol I'm in for wherever you guys say. If the poconos is a possibility I can really do some searching since I'm in philly.
Ah, the Cowboys and the Eagles thing. Gottcha!
I don't do sports, but RAS is a Giants fan, despite living outside Philly....I swear he wants to antagonize everyone, mainly my dad, my bro, my bro-in-laws, nephews, etc. All eagles fans. We're Irish and highly sarcastic and teasingly antagonistic. Everyone teases everyone perpetually. Personally, I hate it, but you don't have much choice in the family you are born into.
And if you are in Philly, you could drive to the Poconos, no prob. Just leave the sports stuff behind, plz! :-)
Old 04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

WOW Gwen! You sound like you know what you are doing!! I see a trip in my future already! Yea! I am in Memphis, but I am willing to travel.
Thanks
Terri
Old 04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sounds fun !!! What about a cute little B&B, we could rent the whole house!Michagan is supposed to have a quaint little area, thats prob too far north, um... Bike week in SC..no...how about we all go to Florida & go to Miami ink & get matching codi tattoo's!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

With jetblue's cheap fares I could get just about anywhere for a reasonable price.

The question is--do we sit and yack about the addicts (how very codie) or do we sit and yack about ourselves..HA HA

Did you know that Betty Ford does a one week family retreat for those involved with addicts? It is at the same place the rehab is and is supposed to be a terrific program. My abf's family all went when he was there. We could all book ourselves in for the same week! HA. (I have considered going if I end up staying in this relationship).

I always like places with beaches and /or warm climates.

sign me up...I would love to meet everyone!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

[QUOTE=. And if you are in Philly, you could drive to the Poconos, no prob. Just lecve the sports stuff behind, plz!:-)[/QUOTE]

lol..... no problem. hopefully we don't go during football season....lol