SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Missed all of you (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/119138-missed-all-you.html)

Pattilipp 03-23-2007 10:01 AM

Missed all of you

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here for quit a long time. I just got out of the hospital this week. To make a long story short, I've been a diabetic going on 50 years, plus I have other health issues. I've had a cold for a while but it turned into pneumonia. This made my blood sugar go up and down like a yo yo and with the other health problems, it made this old body of mine roll down hill. Now I'm climbing back up the hill again slowly, but I know I will get to the top once again.

My daughter is still in rehab and is doing great!!! She is her old self and can't wait to get out, but wants to stay as long as she can, which I think is a good idea. Each day she is getting better and better. I am so very thankful to have her back.

I noticed I missed some birthdays so I'll wish the ones I missed a Happy Belated Birthday. All of you are still in my prayers and I have thought of all of you often.

Glad to be back!!

teke 03-23-2007 10:03 AM

glad to hear that you are feeling better, i was wondering about you, i missed you too. glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well. keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

marle 03-23-2007 10:42 AM

Patti, So glad that you are feeling better and that your daughter is in a good place. Hugs, Marle

parentrecovers 03-23-2007 10:48 AM

nice to see you here! blessings, k

Elana 03-23-2007 11:01 AM

My sister went thru this about two years ago (also a long time diabetic).

Good to see you on the bright side and returning to health. Missed you!

BigSis 03-23-2007 11:17 AM

Welcome home!!!

cmc 03-23-2007 11:52 AM

pattilipp,
I'm glad you are feeling better and welcome back!
:)
cmc

dollydo 03-23-2007 03:10 PM

Glad to hear from you, hope your health continues to improve.

hope213 03-23-2007 03:50 PM

oh patti, you are so sweet. i am sorry you have been sick but you have such a postive attitude. glad you are better. glad your daughter is doing good.you deserve good things in your life. take care of yourself & stay in touch.hugs,

notsleepingwell 03-23-2007 06:12 PM

Hey girl...good to see you back...we missed you. Glad your daughter is doing better, and happy you are back on your feet
NSW aka Linda

greeteachday 03-23-2007 06:44 PM

Welcome back Patti, we've missed you! I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and so glad your daughter is doing well too. How are the grandkids? I hope they are helping you out while you are on the mend. Hugs and prayers.

SADSIS 03-23-2007 07:18 PM

Welcome back

Patti,
I do not think that we have ever "met" but it is good to know that you are slowly getting back in the saddle again. Take it slow....I can imagine you were sick as a dog...never mind the dumb lungs...but sugar that was all over the place.
I am glad that you are feeling better and it must be so heartwarming to know that your daughter is her old self.

You will be in my prayers tonight for a continued speedy recovery.
sadsis

hopeforever 03-23-2007 11:25 PM

im happy things are better for u and your girl!!!
GOD bless u!!

bookmiser 03-24-2007 04:17 AM

(((((Patti)))))

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...lcomeback1.gif

So glad your feeling better. So very, very glad that your daughter is
heading down the right path in her recovery. It's so nice to hear from you.
It's been too long. Now that your feeling better, your gonna be a busy bee filling us all in on what's been goin' on in your world.
Love ya,

pjbs55 03-24-2007 04:54 AM

Patti,
Welcome back, I have missed you. Sorry I haven't called, but things have been crazy. Glad to hear the good news about your daughter, I know how happy you are about that. I will call you one day this week, promise.
Take it easy and let your grandkids help you out some.
Hugs

Pattilipp 03-24-2007 03:55 PM

Awwww Geeee Thanks everybody!! Yea, I'm getting better each day. Sure does take something out of you though. Grandkids are doing great. They have 2 other sets of wonderful grandparents who have been watching them. They are coming back tomorrow. Poor kids have been shipped back and forth, but they are great kids and all three has a good head on their shoulders. Can't wait to see them. It is sooo good to be home and thanks again.