SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   things you like about YOU (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/119112-things-you-like-about-you.html)

teke 03-23-2007 04:24 AM

things you like about YOU

YOU ARE SPECIAL, so lets see what you like about yourself, today
this is a hard one for me. lets try not to talk about caring for others, this is about you.

i've come to love my hp, who i chose to call god

i think that i have a fair sense of humor that gets me through some of those bad times.

i like the fact that i don't hate me anymore, i finally kind of like my size a little more and i don't think that i'm the ugliest woman on earth any more.

i love the fact that i'm not crazy and beginning to feel like a somewhat sane person.

i think that i'm an honest person with a strong determination.

i guess i have a lot of work to do cause right now, i can't think of much more if i can't talk about caring for others.

Elana 03-23-2007 04:35 AM

thank you for this thread Teke!

I am very artistic.. I can draw or paint or sculpt anything.. started as soon as I could hold a pencil or a crayon.

I am a decent writer (tho my typing skills are often dyslectic) although I have never sold a manuscript, I have been published.

I don't give up easily (tho I may throw a tantrum and sound like I am when I get frustrated).

I understand animals and can communicate with almost any species reasonably well (tho people are much more difficult foor me).

I am a really hard worker and will take on just about any job (and have....).

I am honest.

cinderellawkids 03-23-2007 06:06 AM

I like how I look.
(Wow I never thought Id could say that)
Ive always been way under weight. In school I was considered homely. I suffered from anorexia for years. Today I eat right. I have shapes and curves I didnt think possible. Today I walk around with shoulders held high and a smile on my face no longer wanting to fade into the background. (This all has happened in the past year) I feel good about me.

Im artistic too, although not as much as Elana. I have the ability to notice things no one else does, like light on a spider web, pattern in the sand. (Or from my job I notice things on surveillance tapes others do not.)

I remember everything I see, read and hear. My brain works remarkably that way

mish99 03-23-2007 06:13 AM

this thread is great!

i am studying journalism, i have to say that im pretty good at it.

I have fantastic bright blue eyes! They are one of my best features.

I love the fact that i am a hard worker abut also that i know how to have a good time.

bookmiser 03-23-2007 06:31 AM

Thanks for adding focus to all of us, Teke. Your wonderful, sweetie.

For me, let's see....

I have a great sense of humor, even when sh*t is crashing down around me.

At 42, I still have a great butt. A little larger than I care for, but still nicely shaped. lol

I'm well versed in children's book and love selling and promoting them.

That's it for now. Felt good to think about me for a few seconds. lol
Thanks for askin'.

Love ya,

teke 03-23-2007 06:33 AM

sorry youre having a hard day tx, you are a strong woman, you'll get through it, your hp will make sure you do and with flying colors. hope in a minute you feel better about it

parentrecovers 03-23-2007 06:51 AM

i'm a good cook. my houseplants grow like weeds. i'm a good listener (most of the time). i don't judge people. i care about others. i can laugh at myself.

that felt good! thanks, teke! k

teke 03-23-2007 06:57 AM

ok, parent, no caring about OTHERS, this is about YOU. we already know you care about others, this is probably the reason why you're still here.

NO CHEATING! lol

teke 03-23-2007 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by bookmiser (Post 1260290)
At 42, I still have a great butt. A little larger than I care for, but still nicely shaped. lol

i'm jealous, book, i'm 53 and this is one that i wish that i could add to my list.LOL.........i'm so tiny.

Elana 03-23-2007 07:15 AM

gosh Teke.. I will share some of mine with you.. GLADLY!!!!!
(BTW when you lose weight, where does it GO?!)

teke 03-23-2007 07:26 AM

man, the biggest i ever been was 110 and i was in my last month of preganancy. don't need to lose any weight, i'll fly away in a summer breeze if i did. i walk and talk very slow trying not lose a 1/2 pound. i'm 98-103 normally and drink ensure like its kool-aid. LOL

i wish you could give me some of yours elana, i'd take it in a ga heartbeat!!

GiveLove 03-23-2007 07:33 AM

Teke,
You're the coolest ever. Great thread. COME ON everybody, take a minute and do this. We have to love ourselves first before we can make anything good happen in our lives...

Okay, so let's see. This is hard.

I'm always looking for ways to be the kind of person I want to be. If there's someone who is my role model, I don't just want to respect them, I want to BE them, and I try to take on those traits that I respect the most.

I am as resilient as a coyote, a patch of kudzu, a cockroach. I've survived the most hellish life, and am still a pretty cool person to be around, imho.

I'm not a victim. I take responsibility for everything (good and bad) that's happening in my life, even when it would be easier to blame somebody else.

I am kind.

I don't waste life. Every minute I want to be doing something that brings joy, that teaches me something, that does some good in the world, makes me or someone laugh.....or just resting up from all of that do-gooding :)

Love you guys,
GiveLove

teke 03-23-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by GiveLove (Post 1260426)

I am as resilient a cockroach.

I don't waste life. Every minute I want to be doing something that brings joy, that teaches me something, that does some good in the world, makes me or someone laugh.....or just resting up from all of that do-gooding :)

those bugs, they really don't like to die, do they. i remember them! thank god, have seen not one in over a yr and you almost cheated, NO CARING FOR OTHERS, ITS ABOUT YOU, ALL BY YOURSELF, YOU!!!

GiveLove 03-23-2007 07:56 AM

Oops, sorry teke!
You're right. :)

rahsue 03-23-2007 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 1260389)
gosh Teke.. I will share some of mine with you.. GLADLY!!!!!
(BTW when you lose weight, where does it GO?!)

I'll tll ya where it goes! to us unsuspecting victims!!!lol

I have a good sense of humor
I just uit (cues don't work) smoking
I'm easy to get along with
I like to travel (but don't get to do it often, but I've been to punta cana 9 times) it's cheaper than going to the shore
I like to read janet evanovich is my favorite author
I don't like my body I'm a good bit over weight (I don't know how that happened, I was 117 lbs after my last child then boom.......fat)
my hair is actually nice when I fix it lol

well thats it for me

teke 03-23-2007 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by rahsue (Post 1260499)
I'll tll ya where it goes! to us unsuspecting victims!!!lol

I don't like my body I'm a good bit over weight (I don't know how that happened, I was 117 lbs after my last child then boom.......fat) lol

ok, you're CHEATING, can't talk about what you don't like, thats another thread, i guess!

i wanted to know the answer to elana question too. that's cute enough!.......... unexpecting victim!!!!!!!!!LOL

loveon2legs 03-23-2007 08:29 AM

Good morning,
What a great thread teke!!! :)

Well, let's see....
I love my faith in God..
I'm wonderful with animals...and children..
I 'm kind, and caring
I have beautiful blue eyes my best feature...
I love my curves!!! (finally!!)

that was abit hard to do!! so easy to pick out faults of yourself, and to praise others... I'll have to work on this one!!

thanks for picking my brain...

cinderellawkids 03-23-2007 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by teke (Post 1260412)
man, the biggest i ever been was 110 and i was in my last month of preganancy. don't need to lose any weight, i'll fly away in a summer breeze if i did. i walk and talk very slow trying not lose a 1/2 pound. i'm 98-103 normally and drink ensure like its kool-aid. LOL

i wish you could give me some of yours elana, i'd take it in a ga heartbeat!!

Teke that has aways been my problem.Until this year. With all three pregannacys of 8 pound babies I only topped 126.
However, after ensure, extra vitamins and an increase in my protein intake as well as less junk, today I weigh 125 pounds. (A year ago I was 105) I also changed some exercises which caused a build in muscle weight. Its a good feeling to finally ahve clothes that fit

teke 03-23-2007 09:06 AM

ok. if i exercise, how is that gonna make me gain weight? i think that 125 would be ideal weight for me.