things you like about YOU

Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Teke and GiveLove,
We had all realized early on that will lived within a half hour to an hour of each other. We started planning this last October, but never firmed it up until now.
So we picked a restaurant in the middle of everyone and are meeting for lunch on Saturday. Since we had to bump it back from last week, I got a chance to talk to everyone on the phone, and I was amazed at what beautiful voices everyone has.
Hopefully we can share some of the luncheon details while still keeping our anonymity. I can work with photoshop...maybe put masks on everyone...or better yet, veils? :-) Yep, veils are sexier :-)

As far as things I like about myself, I'm in a not-liking myself phase right now, so can't add anything there. Except I like the fact that I am soooo very lucky to have a wonderful husband and two terrific sons, a loving family (well, mostly) and great friends here on SR.
Maybe next week I can think of something? :-)
Love, SM
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by SecretMom View Post
Teke and GiveLove,
maybe put masks on everyone...or better yet, veils? :-) Yep, veils are sexier :-)

As far as things I like about myself, I'm in a not-liking myself phase right now, so can't add anything there. Except I like the fact that I am soooo very lucky to have a wonderful husband and two terrific sons, a loving family (well, mostly) and great friends here on SR.
Maybe next week I can think of something? :-)
Love, SM
i sure hope that one day i get to meet one of you guys, and veils will do.

now i look at your avatar,and i think that you have a pretty eye, don't you like them. oh come on. i know there is something that you like about you, what aout your sweet personality, i know you like that.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
now i look at your avatar,and i think that you have a pretty eye, don't you like them. oh come on. i know there is something that you like about you, what aout your sweet personality, i know you like that.
LOL! Think you have me confused with someone else! j/k
How are you seeing avatars? They came back for one day only and then disappeared again for me. I assumed they were still broken.
Natch, that's not really me in the avatar, but I guess I do like my eyes. They are a very light blue...but the old lady bags underneath them sorta ruins the effect. :-)
K, I like my eye color. That's it, done!
Hugs, SM
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks, i knew there was something, and i'm the oldest one on the planet so don't even try it.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Duh....THERE'S everyone! I had the avatars and signatures turned off....thanks for mentioning that Teke or I would have never known!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

gee this is a hard one for me, for so many years i have been not liking myself. but today i can say that i like the compassion i have for others, and i like how i cook. LOL.. and i like my performance at my job. wow!!! great thread teke. thanks for letting me post.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by katwomankc View Post
i can say that i like the compassion i have for others, .

cheating, you're not allowed to talk about the compassion you have for others, we already know how much compassion you have for others.
what about the compassion you have for yourself. this thread is about YOU only. sorry>LOL
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

my goodness. lol.... ok i like the way my new hairdo looks. i got a perm on sunday and i just love it.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

This is a fun game, and I bet most of us don't remember to think about what's great about us:

The biggest thing I've been doing lately is being a good wife...I'm a damn good wife.

I'm good at my job.

I'm proud of myself for keeping our bills paid and our lives intact in spite of my husband's inability to contribute for the last 2 months.

I'm strong!

I'm wise!

It's funny...some of these things that I like about myself are the same things I beat myself up about at different times...I think I'm wise, but I also think I'm something of a know-it-all. I think I'm strong, but I also think I'm sometimes really cold. I'm proud to be a good wife and a diligent worker guarding our financial lives against the ruin addiction can bring--but I've also become something of a doormat, supporting my husband.

Everything about living with addiction makes me feel turned inside out. I'm wrecking such a positive thread! I'm stopping now!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

junkyswife,

You cannot wreck this thread, AND those feelings that you have cannot take away one iota from your beauty.

If you are strong, there will always be people who will accuse you of being cold (mostly codependents themselves)

If you are wise, there will always be people who call you a know-it-all (ditto)

The same goes for if you're pretty (you're stuck up) you have money (you're selfish) or any number of things.....there will always be people trying to bring you back down to a level THEY are comfortable with.

You know how terrific you are.....don't let those negative, critical voices tell you anything different. YOU get to decide what kind of person you want to be, and then become it.

Hugs,
GL
Old 04-04-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by thejunkyswife View Post
This is a fun game, and I bet most of us don't remember to think about what's great about us:

I'm good at my job.
I'm strong!
I'm wise!
I think I'm strong
look, i agree with givelove, this wife thing and the bill paying thing don't count. we already know that you are a good wife and we already know that you are good at keeping your household in tact in the mist of your husband's addiction. you probably would be here if you were not a good wife, and a good at keeping your household together. you can't wreck the thread, cause we are monitoring it. so well have to let you slide on that other stuff and take what you like about you.

sorry not concerned about what you do for others, not this time anyway!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
grateful rca

me too, bluegirl, this means a lot.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Dreamer

Teke, you are very compassionate, inspirational and thought-provoking, what a great exercise! Let's see, I'm proud that I've worked out (cardio, weights) three days/week consistently since I was 16 no matter what I've been going through. Lately I've been rollerskating on the bay once/week which is fun. I'm proud of myself that I go out on my own sometimes and do things like go to museums, the zoo, shopping, walking, etc... It makes me feel stronger and more comfortable in my own skin, and not so reliable on others to always be there when I want to go out. I like my singing voice- only in my car and at home of course--hee-hee! I'm a great dancer too! I have had the same best friend since I was 14 (we're both 26 now); she is one of the greatest gifts in my life. I feel proud that I earned a Bachelor's and that for the last 6 months I've held down a full-time job with a salary and benefits that I got on my own and stopped doing drugs for so that I can be a better person who is more capable of giving back to the people who have been there for me. Wow! You just made me realize that I have a lot, I guess I knew that but it's cool to make a list, it makes me feel grateful.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thank you star, reminds me of my daughter,. star

congrats on your sobriety, now you have accomplished a lot and you should give yourself a pat on the back, wished i was there, i'd give you a pat on the back and a hug, go for you.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
been around the block...

I love that I'm able to FINALLY forgive myself and others for the hurts of the past.

Thanks for the reminder Teke!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I am brilliant and wise!

Dont believe me, well my friends said so.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I was told by an anonymous SR family member that I had to post something I like about myself today. (Since I was in a hating myself mood the other day)
Already said I liked my eye color...also like my hands...if I had a daughter we could do one of those old fashioned commercials...which is the mother, which is the daughter. Remember them? My ring size is 4.5...skinny fingers. And my nails are tough as nails :-) oops, very bad pun!
But that's the physical stuff. I can't cheat and say I'm compassionate, since I'm no where near as compassionate as I should be.
The only thing that I'm really proud of (like about myself) is that I have finally learned to flow with the universe instead of fighting it all the time. Hope that makes sense.
I finally learned that wherever I am, whatever happens is for a reason beyond what I can see and my HP is in control, not me. There's much less anger in my life, just because of that. Much less stress and worry too.
To sum it up, I like the new me, that lives in the moment and lets the universe take care of the details. Plus my hands and eye color :-)
Love, SM
Old 04-05-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i knew you would find more secretmom. you go girl!!!!!