I bought a safe today :(

Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I bought a safe today :(

First of all, that you so much to all the people who responded to my desperate post lastnight. I went to bed and cried...this morning, I bought a safe. I am keeping my pills and his pills in there. This way I have to HAND them to him and I am cutting his dosage...

I hate that. I know one day he will explode because he's not getting what he wants but this is what he wants right now.

It's just so sad that it has come to this.

It was nice to get out in the fresh warmish air (for Ohio) and breathe.

Thanks to all.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Actually, I went to a NA convention with my RAH when he first got out of rehab, and one of the people who was a speaker said that was one way to get clean was to have someone else dole out your medication (PRESCRIBED MEDS) to you.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well all I can say is good for you. If my fiance never bought a safe I might still be stealing his pills today. When he had to do that it was like him slapping me in the face I was upset. More upset that he looked at me like a common theif who stole from him. He put my meds in there too. When I didnt get what I wanted boy I was miserable. I was mad that he was trying to "control" me I was hard to live with I am sure of that. Maybe that was what forced to to take a look at myself and realize what i had become an ADDICT. It was then that I wanted to change and for the better its not fun counting pills all day worrying about running out not being able to leave the house without a few it controls your every move. I hope this will help him remember stay strong and dont give in. Hope you got a good safe and not something that a couple of bobby pins can open. we addicts are like macgiver when we want something!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Funny you said that about getting upset because he was actually for it but then when I got home and counted his pills he got today, he had already taken 2 (no-no) and had one set out for "in the middle of the night for pain".

NO NO NO NO NO.

That's not how we're doing it. I'M IN CONTROL NOW REMEMBER? It doesn't say anything on your bottle to go ahead and take one in the middle of the night.."

Now he has attitude. But I have a safe and I don't care.

Thank you for that response.

EJ
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hi everjo, nice to meet you, i just want to welcome you, this group of caring wise people have literally helped to save my life, glad you found us and i'm looking forward to getting to know you better. sorry i was late and haven read your post from late night, think i'll look for it.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome. I just wish HE'D come here.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The one in the middle of the night might be for withdrawls I know when I was cutting back I would wake up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat and it sucked all I wanted was a good night sleep. I started saving my evening dole til the middle of the night. Felt good when I started sleeping the whole night and waking up with the withdrawl pill still on the night stand. It takes a few days to level out. Stay strong.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
The one in the middle of the night might be for withdrawls I know when I was cutting back I would wake up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat and it sucked all I wanted was a good night sleep. I started saving my evening dole til the middle of the night. Felt good when I started sleeping the whole night and waking up with the withdrawl pill still on the night stand. It takes a few days to level out. Stay strong.
Here is his dose, that I am told is WAY TOO HIGH for him:

2 8.2mg suboxone pills in the mornig and one in the evening.

My plan was to give him one in the morning and a half in the evening for a while. So should I go ahead and give him a half for the middle of the night?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would just ask him is it really for pain or is it because of w/d's if he is honest then so be it. I'm not all that up on sub. I do know it causes one hell of w/d's when you cut a dose though. In the substance abuse forum there is a thread called "life after methadone continues" go and read in there there are people who are tapering and who are on sub. Might give you another perspective. I would just come right out and ask.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know he'll lie. I don't know what to do...

I just got a phone call (just now) that he was at someone's house the other day buying pills. This is never going to end.

I told that person to call the person that he bought from (who are actually in my family) that if I hear of it happeneing again, I will do something drastic... My FIL is on the SWAT team in Columbus. I won't mess around and they're freaked out enough as it is (cameras all around the house...etc) I hope they listen to her.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Unfortunatly you can pretty much buy pills from anyone and as long as he wants his fix he will find someone else. Well at least he will have his own pills. He is on sub? That stops the w/d's from happening and stop the cravings and after awhile hes stops getting the buzz. Sounds to me like he is taking the sub only when he cant get the pills so he can get that buzz that the sub doesnt give him. Only my opinion but this is pretty common. Those pills get expensive. Thank goodness I only did that a few times I'm too poor for that route!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's exactly why he's still taking them. He needs the high.

She just called me back and he was there Mon or Tues, spent $60 on 30 valium and called yesterday but didn't go.

God, I need to go cry again...
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I suggest doing as much research as you can on sub call around Dr's offices look on the substance abuse thread, read around on the internet. He should only be on sub if he is serious about quitting. Tappering off the sub is a long long long process and could take along time but if he isnt serious about it your better off driving down the road and throwing you money out the window. Detox off the pills sucks but it really only lasts 4 days then you start to feel better. So dont let him BS you about this. I strongly recomennd the substance abuse forum for you to read around on.