legal crap

Old 03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

legal crap

Erin went to court today, not good. Her lawyer is involved in a murder case so a friend of his was supposed to go to court with her, he did not show. Her drug court was denied because of open charges from Delaware, which Delaware was deferring their charges to Pa. for prosecution so everything is all screwed up. Her lawyer said that everything will work out, she just may have to go to drug court in Delaware. There is only on problem, he is not licensed in De. so now we have to hire a lawyer in De. and start the whole process over but in reverse, now we have to get Pa. to defer to De. All this being said, she is not having a good day. Erin and I have been married 11 years today, it seems like I just met her yesterday but have known her forever. I bought her a nice arrangement of flowers and a card. No dinner tonight, she has her meeting tonight, she is in the middle of her 90 in 90, rain check. I really do love her more today then I did when I married her. She is just a cool person, I am just haveing a bit of a problem with the fact that she is still very uncomfortable with any kind of affection, not even a hug feels good to her right now. I have a stong belief that in time we will get back to being "us" but it is just hard since we used to be pretty loving, all things come in time. So today has been good for one reason, bad for another. Thanks, Brit
Old 03-22-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks for the update, glad to hear that she is still doing good and going to meetings, but sorry to hear about all the legal stuff, i pray that things will work out for you guys, and congratulations on your anniversary. may you have many many more.

it does take time, right now, maybe she is still focusing more on doing what she knows that she needs to do in order to stay sober, and sometimes that take undivided attention, but it does get better.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear britgael - Sorry to hear of all the legal mixups. Frustrating!!!!! Don't know how your system works but does the lawyer have an associate that is licensed in De.????
Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Brit ~

I was wondering how you are, so I'm glad to see you checking in. I'm sure the legal stuff is draining, but hopefully, will get straightened out in due time. I don't know what to tell you about the distance between you, except to remain patient. I'm sure Erin's overwhelmed by her situation, but the damage wasn't done in a day and it won't go away that quickly either. It's wonderful that she's committed to her recovery and I hope you are taking care of yourself as well. Happy anniversary Brit ... and may you have many more good years together.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Brit, The legal stuff can be so stressful...I'm sorry it continues to be. I imagine that must be a tremendous strain on both of you. Hang in there...it will get there, it just doesn't ever seem to be on our time schedule, does it?

I'm glad you hang on to hope and I agree with you. You have a foundation of love and you both love each other... In time as she feels more comfortable in her recovery, you will both get back to the "we" that makes your marriage special.

Happy anniversary...Perhaps a nice anniversary lunch this weekend would be possible since she is at meetings each night. Hugs and prayers
Old 03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the update.could b erin does not really feel worthy of you right now.things will work out in court. take it slow & take baby steps. keep posting.prayers, hope
Old 03-23-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

good to hear from you. I think the legal stuff is realy a drag but it is much more manageable if you keep it in today. IOW it is now Friday night. NOTHING can be done until Monday. Leave the next step with the legal stuff in Monday so you can have Saturday and Sunday without it.

It is real hard to do but somewhere I learned to do that.. keep the problem coming tomorrow there and today here.

Worry does not solve the problem tomorrow, it merely robs you of today.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, Erin found out today in De. court that this is going to be more involved than we were originally led to believe. We now have to hire a lawyer in De., the good thing is that we have unlimited funds for all the fees (yeah, right). The drug court, if she gets to go, is twice a week which is $10 per session and the cost of the parking garage as well as the hour long commute each way. We are probably going to end up spending about $300 to $400 per month just for her to be in the drug court. Pa. calls it drug court whilst De. calls it pre-trial intervention, which does sound alot better than DRUG COURT. Her spirits are not the best right now but at least she is not in the mood basement. Thanks, Brit
Old 03-23-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Brit, I know Megan has been telling me that despite being in a crummy situation for another 6 weeks, she feels a huge weight off her shoulders and is so looking forward to a totally new chance at life. In her eyes, this is it...the end of having to deal with the old life and old problems and for her knowing that has given her a great feeling of hope and relieved a lot of stress that she's been holding onto for a year.

I'm thinking that it may be similar for you and Erin. It all is a challenge, but once it is fianlized, the doubt and worry is gone and she can do what she has to do and move on. I think she may find just not having to deal with the fear of the unknown will help her along.

You are doing great and you are such a caring dad and husband. When things get tough, read your signature line...it's so true and you have a strong heart!