Blogs

Notices

lunch boxes and dinner menu

Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Well I didnt bake my ham. Things change, but dinner was awesome, instead hubby fried slices of the ham and made us the best breakfast dinner Ive had in a long time complete with grits, ham and scrambled eggs with cheese.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Cinder, Wow your hubby cooks? Could he please hang out w/ my hubby for awhile & see if it rubs off? My hubby, love him dearly but..thinks a taco kit is him cooking, or if I have something in the freezer & he heats it up he thinks he's emeral. One year for my birthday he asled what I wanted. I said I wanted him to make a cake. He could even use a mix, but I wanted him to make it. When I came home, he was whistleing away in the kitchen. then I went in to the kitchen to see him covered in cake batter ( he lifted the mixer out while still running) then I came in just in time to witness him trying to grease & flour the pan. It was pricless. I laughed my butt off. The best gift ever.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

My hubby makes half the meals. You can tell his mental state by the time and creativity he puts in to it.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
grateful rca

cinder, i guess you can tell that i don't like to cook all that much, i know how but since the kids are older and can cook for themselves, these days, i don't do it until i feel like it and if my husband will do the cooking, then a lot of the time i'll let him since he don't complain about doing it. i'm taking down recipes though, just to let you know.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I found a bakery to make the "special" cake. But it's $1 per serving. We are expecting 75 people which ment I would have had to order a whole sheet for $95. NOT. So I ordered a 1/2 for $50. It feeds just under 50 people. I figure everyone prob won't have cake. But just in case I went to the adult novelty store. Got a boob pan for little boobs, more like boobetts. Then I went to the outlet mall in a gourmet kitchen sotre. One of my favs. A girl there ended up telling me how to make cupcakes like kj sugessted. I also sprung for a way cute cupcake tree thingie holder. It holds 23 cupcakes. I have wanted one for awhile. Who knew the first time I used it it would be for boob cakes. So then I went back accross the street to the adult novelty store to retun the boobett cake pan that was $12.99 Guess what, You can't return anything at the store. It didn't matter that I had only bought it 10 minuets before. They were nice enough to let me exchange it. I got some novelties for my niece bachlorette party this summer. Yeah, this summer in June my stepdaughter has a baby boy. My first grandchild. (I'm too young to be a grandma) really. Then in aug, after officially being a grandma, I am a bridesmaid in my nieces wedding. I'm too old tobe a bridesmaid. really. Freaky hugh?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good I so glad that you got everything worked out! Nothing worse than a party without all the right dirty things!!! Now what could you have done with a cake pan in 10 min really. Well its good to know that nothing is used lol.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

well tomorrow is my birthday and my best friend is coming over when shes done work. shes bringing her pj's and pizza for a night of tv.
I'm very excited, sometimes I just love a boring night over a night on the town.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

ok today i am making tacos, spanish rice and refried beans for dinner. it is easy after a lonnggggg day at the office..... anvil what are you makin... by the way i am trying your panini sandwiches this weekend on the foreman grill.

and kj what kind of party do you get when you turn 40??? will be forty in dec. would like to plan it...LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

My hubby has promised a nice healthy dinner. I believe baked whiting, mashed potatos and broccolli with cheese. Yummy.

I hope he follows through this time with it since I so need a good meal.

I fixed his lunch today, not mine, but when he called off work because of worrying about me driving and a zombie like state, I took his lunch so I have 3 chicken breast sandwiches on ww bread, a brownie, doritos, an apple and a berry yoguart.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

An over the hill party lol. I prefer all my parties to be dirty its sooo much fun. Just have fun no matter what you do. I love birthdays more than x-mas I always make such a BIG deal about mine its in June and I already have informed everyone that its almost my b-day! I just love all my friends getting together laughing and having fun. Nothing fancy but really its the only time I can get everyone together and we just do nothing but laugh the whole night.

I had tacos on monday I could live on tacos I LOVE them! Well that and cheese and triscuts!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

tx, maybe I should walk tonite too. George foreman grills are great. I have a little one, got it at a garage sale for $10 bucks.

If you have lots of garage sales where you are check those for all of those things. I wish you were closer I ahve an extra vaccuum
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Its beautiful here today. Maybe that is part of my problem. Ill take you a picture of beautiful blue skies on my lunch break
Old 03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

lol anvil.... well i have to say here in southern calif. we didnt have much of a winter. always sunny here. i am not complaining but would like it to rain some time. anyhow buffalo burgers sounds great anvil......

already got a new lawnmower. LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

lol anvil... yes please send us the storm... lol.... yes i bring my lunch everyday myself. they eat out all the time here, but i choose not to. i guess cuz i like my own cookin too. anyhow have a nice day.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Tired, so just chicken fried rice tonight
Old 03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

sounds so relaxing anvil... i take it you live close to the beach... anyways my dinner was a huge success too. dont know what we will have tonite. i do know fridays is a simple night. up for ideas myself..... hope you all have a wonderful day....
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

very beautiful anvil you lucky girl you...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Very nice I'm on my way if I start driving now I should get there in about 6 days lol!!! Your very lucky your place looks so peaceful!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i would love to live by the water, how nice, you must love it, no wonder you and hank have so much fun. funny how i just peek in here every now and again, since cooking is not my favorite subject, i had no idea that you guys were talking more than just cooking. your pics are nice.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you're right about the hidden threads, it took me all this time to figure this out. LOL