lunch boxes and dinner menu

Old 03-27-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Well as u all know its tues and that mean I dont cook the rest of the week monday is my ONLY cooking day. We had tacos went off without a problem. Now I will take the left over meat and mix up some bisquick and them top it with the left over meat, onion, salsa, cheese and bake til done. Its pretty good and warms up great in the microwave so thats what I'll be having for lunches.

Tonight its Red Lobster! Then its fishing season so we got some fresh perch and we will fry that up in some butter and salt and pepper its the only fish I like that he catchs. We have a whole freezer full of salmon from last year! So thats what I'm having.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by txsunflower View Post
Yum! That sounds good. I love pineapples. I was just sitting here thinking... dang it's almost noon. I have a lot to do tonight and those darn kids are going to expect dinner. It's the same question every day - What's for dinner mom? Of course that's better than the days I get the request for mcdonalds cuz then we have to have the we ain't going to mcdonalds speech.

Thanks all!

Dont you hate that. Youve been away from them all day, had a rough day at work and the first thing out of their mouths is whats for dinner? My poor kids are afraid to ask now.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

My daughter is the same way. Thankfully she usually eats at my moms for dinner. But it never fails within an hour or so esspecially when I am in bed relaxing for the first time of the day she would say mommy I'm hungry.... I want to scream how could you possibly be hungry with everything grandma feeds you.

I'm in the mood to cook today but nothing spectacular something just for my daughter and I. Abf wont be getting home from work till about 12 am. Any one have any ideas of something simple and good?? Oh yeah I am not a veggie eater.

hugs,
jewel
Old 03-27-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

peanut butter and jelly

Just kidding.

My sons and I like tuna melts of wheat bread.
or theres always baked chicken breast and instant mashed potatos
Old 03-27-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sounds yummy now I want to go out for Japanese food
Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

That is my kids favorite meal. It used to be a cheap option, except now as they are growing they each want a can to themselves.

Add a slice of toast. If its whole wheat you are really good to go.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Add a third to that equation and watch what happens to the grocery list it is amazing what they consume. We go through three loaves of bread in a week, and 2 boxes of cereal when they eat breakfast at home.

I now buy and we (just me and boys) consume 2 large pizzas in an evening.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey, kj, I havn't seen you around since you went to Nic Taho's for your garbage plate. I thought you must have been stuck in the bathroom this whole time. Goodness.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Well helpus it was a rough one but so worth it. I was just informed today that its NOT Tahos anymore how could this happen? I mean its gotta be one of the most popular places around everyone knows tahos. I cant remember the new name though but its a sad day here. Who knew I would love my garbage plates when it wasnt 3am! What r u having for dinner?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

today i am making oven baked chicken mashed potatoes and corn..... bisquit has the best recipe for oven baked chicken
Old 03-27-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Only boring burgers tonight. Trying to find someone to make a cake. This weekend is a surprise dirty 30 party for my son in law, We have a DJ & everything. (my step daughters friend is doing it) My sister in law was going to make a boob cake. But she had a death in the family, so she's in florida for a few days. I can't find anyone yet.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Smile

whooe what agreat tread thank u ! i see it was going for longtime this thread and i love food lol and just noticd thatthis is really about food lololol
oh well all of yourfood sounds so yummy makes me hugry again lol
i love cooking gettogethers with my freinds and family,, we teach each other some recepies,, and thats so much fun..
ilove all u can eat buffets lol u can eat there as much as u want lol somuch different food lol butwe gother not so often.
i love cooking . lol.
i made today beef stew with spinach lemone juice and garlic ,,
and on the side rice,, yumyy and very healthy lol/// and also panckes with chocolate on top and lol,,, sandwiches ,lol..
and ofcourse i had my coffe lol
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Funny about the dirty thirty party. My sister wanted one so I took her to the "Barrel of dolls" its one of the dirtiest strip clubs around here I guess not what she was thinking. My 30th I rented a rent a wreck and the freaking thing almost blew up the hottest day of the year (we only get one) and no air conditioning nothing it was a long van and all we had was the 2 front windows to cool us down in the back so I hope your party is better than ours. I wish you would have said something sooner I have a friend that is pretty good at cakes I could have had her do yours. For my boobs all you have to do it back a regular cake and use little muffin tins for my boobs and there ya have it. Hey that just might work!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Tomorrow going to throw a roast in the crockpot. Put a can of cream of mushroom soup & a packet of beefy onion soup mix over the top. throw in some potatoes. It makes an awesome gravy.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm making frozen marienated chicken breast who know you could already buy them this was and probably some potatoes. I'm pretty sure I cant mess up already prepared chicken then again stay tuned........

What you didnt like my cake with the cup cake tins for boobs come on that was brilliant!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Haa rent a wreck, did you guys end up having fun anyway? I've got a few calls out yet so hopefully I can get something cute put together. If not then a regular sheet cake with your average Happy Birthday on it. Or maybe I could go to showworld, I wonder if they would have anything to put on a cake?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Actually I am thinking...they do have jumbo tins right? I think the hardest thing would be making frosting flesh colored.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

You can make flesh coloured frosting by using red in white frosting to make it pink, then add a LITTLE blue (and I mean a little!) and a LITTLE yellow. Just add the blue and yellow drop by drop until it is a tan shade.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hello ladies, you guys are cracking me up and giving out some good dinner tips. Here is an old stand by for me. I eat a ton of salad and my kids, who are little, love this one, they especially like being my lemon squeezers!

2 lbs. Chicken cutlets (thin)
2 heads Romaine lettuce
2 Lemons
Olive Oil
Italian bread (stale or frozen works too)
GARLIC SALT (recommended LAWRY'S)
McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
Cesar Salad Dressing (recommended Newman's Own Creamy Cesar)

Sprinkle both sides of chicken cutlets with Grill Mates (too taste) Grill chicken or if cooking indoors filet cutlets very thin and broil on both sides. Cut into bite size pieces.

Cube bread and coat with olive oil and garlic salt. Toast in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes.

Cut up romaine and place in large salad bowl. Squeeze the juice of two lemons over the lettuce. Add warm chicken, toss with Cesar Salad dressing. Add Crotons and serve.

**Use more or less lemons/Cesar Dressing for your taste.**
Old 03-28-2007, 03:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

U know what I bet ya show world does have something I wonder if they even have a boob cake pan they have EVERYTHING there. Definatly wouldnt hurt to give them a call. I totally forgot about that place. I am pretty sure that I have seen something there. Not that I frequent it often I have been to my share of "dirty" thirty parties. Yes we did have fun on my b-day but I think I lost 10 pounds in sweat!