lunch boxes and dinner menu

Old 03-22-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
cmc

You guys made me so hungry reading this thread yesterday, that I broke down and finally went grocery shopping!!!
Our dinner last night was T-Bone steak sauted in olive oil with some garlic; micowaved 'baked' sweet potatoes; fresh green beans (nuked too) and blueberry pie for dessert! No recipes involved and we loved it! yum!
I'm going to try that cranberry chicken recipe- it sounds good to me!
Tonight will be spaghetti (canned Hunts with mushrooms), some fresh yellow squash and 'garlic bread' made with pumpernickel, canola oil/butter and garlic powder.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

cmc, sounds yummy. I always add a can of dice tomoatos to my hunts sauce and simmer it a little long
Old 03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Tonights menu consits of hubby eatting left over stuffed pepers & I'm meeting friends for drinks & munchies at Champs. (kj might know where that is..Eastview)
Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Yep been there have a great time! I dont get out that way very often I'm more of a Greeceridge mall girl!!! Bet you have had a garbage plate though!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I tossed in three large pork chops, 2 cans of cream mushroom soup 1/4 cup diced onion, 6 dced baby red potatos and some carrots into the crockpot.

Should be good with some whole wheat noodles.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Whats a dutch oven? The only way I have ever heard of that is when someone farts and holds the blankets over your head. I know gross but hey.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

kj0975 - I'm sure that Cranberry Chicken(Snappy Chicken) recipe would be great using pork chops. I love this site - amazing how we respond to good food ideas.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

after all the talk of pizza tonight I made semi-homemade used the pillsbury pizza crust with my leftover sketti sauce and mozzerella and basil leaves glad you guys talked me into it lol
Old 03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yup, kj had the famous Nick Taho's garbage plates. You too??
Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Love taho's went there today! I have a cast iron skillet we use when we go camping so we can put it right in the fire. OH yeah they are heavy. Thanks for the explaination. I am only dumb when it comes to cooking and the oven and stuff like that lol. My garbage plate didnt "settle" so good
Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Ok Ladies Whats Cookin Tonite?? I Need Ideas... Lol
Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Ohhh Yes I Do Have A George Foreman Grill. Lets See Saturday Night I Made Chicken Terriyaki With Ginger Rice. Yummmmmm Turned Out Great, Last Night Chicken Enchiladas With Spanich Rice. So I Am Riced Out Of It Too And Chickend Out. Lol....

How Do You Make Panini Sandwichis? Thanks Anvil
Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Tonite is sloppy Jo night.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i don't know, i've been pouting since fri, and haven't cooked any thing, gotta learn that pouting does no good, that i'm not in control of everything. i guess, best told me a thing or two, so i guess i have to find something to cook but don't know yet, maybe pork chops or something like that.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

WELL ANVIL THANKS THAT IS WHAT I AM MAKIN.... THANKS...

Old 03-26-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

ohhhh yummy.. Got some good ideas here...

Tonight for me is Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Marinara and Garlic and Cheese Breadsticks. (dipped in Catalina Dressing).

Last night we had grilled new york strips, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob....(we always have to eat good on Sundays because of the race).

An easy simple crockpot recipe is cube steak and gravy over rice (for those of you not riced out) Simply cut up as much cube steak as you think you'll need (we do four cube steaks and that feeds two of us for dinner and then lunch the next day) and put it in about 1 inch of veg oil in a pan. Brown the steaks and put in crockpot. Use 4 jars of gravy for a larger portion. Pour one jar of gravy in crock pot and stir in browned meat. Pour two other jars of gravy in crock pot. Let cook on low while you are at work (minimum of 5 hours) Add last jar of gravy to thicken. Serve over white rice. Very yummy.

(oh i recommend spraying the crock pot with something like Pam before you cook in it.)
Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well I was wrong, not sloppy Jo night. I forgot hubby is at home he's making his specialty
"chicken cordon cheddar"
Whats that you ask? Well we dont have blue cheese.
He will bread a chicken brest cut a pocket in it and stuff it witha slice of ham and grated cheddar cheese.

It is awesome.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Jwife And Cindrella.... Good Good Dishes... Tomorrow Night I Am Making Chicken Breasts In Crock Pot. I Will Brown The Chicken Breast And Then Put In The Crock Pot With 2 Cans Of Cream Of Brocolli Soup, And Some Water/ Or Milk Whatever You Prefre. And Let It Cook Until You Get Home. I Also Add Potatoes. Makes A Great 1 Pot Meal. And Jwife I Will Try Your Recipe Out. Thanks
Old 03-26-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

yes anvil just simmer all day long. it is a very good meal. you could add celery too if you want to. its very very good. i guess we cant get away from chicken. lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Okay I need help. I bought one of those precooked hams at walmart. Of course it need to be cooked more. ANy advice> What do I do with it? 350 for 30 minutes marinated in brown sugar, something else.
Please give me some interesting ideas so I can feel like I accomplished one more good thing