Blogs

Notices

lunch boxes and dinner menu

Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good to know. Now these skins you guys are taking about do you buy them seperate cause the ones I have in the box say nothing about skins. Just wondering!

OK I got ya I know what skins are I do really.............
Old 03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Has Anyone Ever Tried Crockpot Meals? There Also Great

One Of My Making Amends Process Is Cooking For Hubby.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Kj
Skins On The Potatoes... Lol... Anyhow I Dont Know What To Do With Instant Potatoes...lol
Old 03-20-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Last night I made my meatloaf. I mix lean gr beef, onions, quick cooking oats, parmesan cheese,egg , tomatoe sause & worchishire sauce. Any seaonings that might be lying around. The I divide it in half, place 1/2 in the bottom of a pan, put in green peppers, mushrooms, mozerella & anything else in the fridge that looks good. Then put the other 1/2 on sealing the edges. Bake for about 50 min then top w more sause & mozerella & bake 10 more min. It's pretty good.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Standing at my crossroads

My daughter just called me at work to ask if she could cook dinner tonight. Who would pass that up? So I guess what is on our menu is Chicken Parmesan. It always amazes me how each time I visit this forum, what is happening to me seems to be happening to others at the same time.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That almost sounds like a meatloaf I could cook. Last time I cooked on well lets just say it was pizza and wing night again. I put Uncle ralph magic sauce with ketchup and its great for the top. Next time your at wegmans see if they have that I love it, its good on everything even chicken wings!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi txsunflower - SNAPPY CHICKEN (I follow recipe loosely ie More cranberry)
Sliced Onion 1 cup
Skinless chicken thighs 12
Whole Cranberry Sauce 1 cup
Beef Bouillon powder 1 Tablespoon
Cider Vinegar 1 Teaspoon
Prepared Mustard 1 Teaspoon
Salt 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons
Place onion in 5 quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs over onion.
Combine cranberry sauce, bouillon powder, vinegar, mustard and salt in bowl. Mix well. Spoon over chicken being sure to get some on every piece. Cover. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok yall, i guess it was spes'getti, and shaled nite, and i get back here and yall got meatloaf. who pulled the swittch?
Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I had chicken french yummy dont worry I didnt cook it and I'm pretty sure it didnt come from a box well for the price it better not have. Alrighty Anvil I will take the cooking lessons, but remember who your student is Might take ALOT of time.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Trader Joe's 20 minute meal section has changed my life! Easy and healthy! I love to cook but with a 5, 3 and 1 year old as my dinner mates and a husband who works nights, I realized I was killing myself for no reason.

I think I gotta try that meatloaf recipe though, yum!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

man anvil that sounded terrific.... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and mythreesons i love trader joes thats where i am going to pick up our sweet and sour chicken tonite..... thanks for letting me post
Old 03-21-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So whats the plan for tonite you all?
Im doing my crockpot pork chops that came up a week or so ago when KJ was working on......
...was it a roaast?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

tonights menu consist of roast beef, mashed potatoes ,pickled beets and broccolli
I will definately try that cranberry chicken that sounds great
Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Heard it all before

Tonight it's Country Captain Chicken made in the crock pot!
I have no idea how it will taste since I've never made it before but it sounds good! lol
There's chicken and green peppers, mushrooms, onions, diced tomatoes, some other good stuff and a bunch of spices. Let's hope it comes out good!
I love cooking in the crock pot and my new favorite cookbooks are these Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 cookbooks. They really are simple and have good pictures of the dishes and pictures of the simple ingredients (another plus!). I've been trying lots of new recipes lately. Most of them good! lol
Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm thinking cube steak for tonight, hope i don't change my mind, if so it will be hot dogs.LOL
Old 03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ok Here You All Are Makeing Me Hungry Again,,, I Am Thinking Of Picking Up Some Frozen Orange Chicken And Stir Frying It With Rice.

Dont Know Yet.... But You All Are Sure Making Me Hungryyyyy,..
Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Well for lunch it was pizza rolls and popcorn. I am a stay at home mom, so no packing. That wasn't very good.
But for dinner it was stir-fried red and green peppers and onions and stir-fry veggies with some steak ans homemade stir fry sauce over rice. RAH and I thought that it was delicious, the kids wouldn't touch it. Go figure, if it comes out of a red box and says banquet and tastes like pepper and ricecakes, they will eat it. But anything with real flavor, they turn up their noses. Have a wonderful night, I'll come back and read what went on with everyone after the kids are bed.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I was going to post a recipe up that I can cook and it has left my mind its gone. I hope it comes back cause its the only good think I can do.oh ok I got it now. They are called garbage plates and they are yummy! What you do is take 2 hot dogs the big ones zwiegles if you have them or burgers. Then make a hot meat sauce. Make mac salad, beans or homefries. Put the mac salad on the plate with the beans or homefries. Then toss the burgers or hots on top of those things cover in the meat sauce and with onions and mustard!!!!! DROOLING they are the best things ever and simple so I can cook them. We are known for our garbage plates around here. So there is my lunch tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

damn expensive, but still not as much as we would have spent on dope and beer!!!!
Thats why my husband and I laugh at everyones faces when we share that we eat lobster claws and crab legs as an appetizer with almost every meal. SO we spend $40 to $60 a week just on that, its much cheaper than the alternative and we go to sleep witha smile on our faces
Old 03-22-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

That sounds good its almost fishing season here and I cant wait for fresh perch its the only fish I like. I put a little bit of bacon in my potato salad its wonderful! Did I just give a cooking tip?