SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   lunch boxes and dinner menu (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/118806-lunch-boxes-dinner-menu.html)

katwomankc 04-03-2007 11:00 AM

lol anvil.... that sounds yumnmmy

katwomankc 04-03-2007 11:14 AM

yes i know how to make lasanga home made however it is just cheaper to buy it already made and throw it in the oven.... and hubby can do that while i am here at work... lol

katwomankc 04-03-2007 11:37 AM

lol what you can do blues is fry the meat, tell it brown, add onions stewed tomatoes (crushed) let the onions cook, then add some water simmer and it makes good burritos

katwomankc 04-03-2007 12:01 PM

lol yes it is better home made but when one works all darn day dont have time. your chili mac sounds delicious... must be getting close to lunch i am starving....:)

kj0975 04-03-2007 01:54 PM

I bought some nice t-bone steaks, summer sqaush (yellow), bag of salad. Nice dinner tonight.

parentrecovers 04-03-2007 01:58 PM

nice! fresh grass smell and grilled burgers..aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, spring.

katwomankc 04-03-2007 01:58 PM

wow kim i am going there to eat dinner:) lol.

katwomankc 04-04-2007 09:42 AM

ok whats cookin tonite???? i have no idea what i am makin tonite... im open for suggestions....:)

Denoraphy 04-04-2007 10:05 AM

Well.....I was gonna make a stratta, which is an egg dish. But I got busy and couldn't get it started, it needs to set for about 8 hours. So, now plan B will have to come to the rescue. Plan B is always some sort of frozen dinner. I have a Sheppards Pie from Schwan that will work. I'm not crazy about it, but the rest of the family will eat it. I bought strawberries and spinach yesterday, so I'll make a salad and dressing. Easy and good.

cinderellawkids 04-04-2007 10:06 AM

Hubbys making Chicken Cordon Cheddar.

I think I explained what that was earlier. Chicken Cordon Blue but cheddar instead of blue cheese.

Yummy. I had a nice salad at lunch whcih Im going to follow up with a bag of popcorn

katwomankc 04-04-2007 10:14 AM

sounds yummmy cinder... i think i am going to make penille its like spegetti but using a different shaped noodle.... its easy to make.

cinderellawkids 04-04-2007 10:17 AM

I love spagetti with non spagetti noodles.
That sounds good too

Denoraphy 04-04-2007 10:19 AM

My kids have been into tortelli's lately. Very easy, low in fat, and yummy. I am a huge spagetti fan.

katwomankc 04-04-2007 10:24 AM

deno what is a tortelli? ya i am a huge fan of pasta dishes myself especially when you have kids... i dont personally have kids at home but i am a kid... :)

Denoraphy 04-04-2007 10:56 AM

Sorry, I had a little typo there, it is tortellini. Tortellini is pasta dough that is cut into a circle then a cheese mixture is spooned into the center, then it is folded to seal in the cheeses. They are very similar to ravioli, just a different shape. They cook in a few minutes in boiling water. You can find it in the frozen foods section or I think that you can find it by the pasta noodles. I think Burtolli sells it now although I have not tried that brand. My mom used to make these when I was a kid, we called them capellinnis, they were very time consuming to make, but definitely a treat.

I love kid foods. My personal favorites are hot dogs and pizza.