I did it... I moved out..

Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did it... I moved out..

hello everyone! I finally did it! I finally moved out. I left my AH and we are putting out house up for sale. I got my very own apartment this weekend and left him at home. He actually helped me move... kind of strange. After Thursday, I just couldn't take anymore. I went shopping after work and came home to find him so messed up (which I knew anyway). So, the following day, I took of my wedding bands off, went and signed a lease to my new apartment and called our realtor.

I have no idea how I am going to afford my new place and our house... probably some help from my parents and a 2nd job, but I don't even care.

Let's just hope this will be a reason for him to get sober, for me to get healthier and to find my spirit again. I think we are going to try to spend the weekends together as long as he is sober, and try to have dinner together a couple nights a week- no divorce yet. But I just need a peaceful place where I can lay my head at night and really think about what I want out of this life.

Thank you to all of you for helping me find my strength. It means the world to me.

God bless you all!

Tiffany
Old 03-19-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

((((Tiffany)))) Sending support and prayers your way.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 03-19-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Good Luck girl.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Tiffany))))
I'm praying that good things come your way, and your heart can begin healing from all the drama and chaos. Enjoy the tranquility.
Your strength is awesome.

Hugs,
Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on standing up for yourself and finding a place where the chaos is forbiudden
Old 03-19-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
President

Wow! You sound sooo strong!!!!! Sending prayers!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

woohoo for you!!!!!!!
hope your future gets brighter and brighter
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tiffany - Prayers are with you - so difficult to do what you did -((((HUGS))))
Old 03-19-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi!!
I know the decision you made wasn't an easy one, but one you did out of love for yourself...I too have made that decision and although the road isn't easy, you will come out of this a stronger woman!! and you will be proud of yourself!! Good on ya girl!!

Here's to you!!

Liz
Old 03-19-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How exciting moving on and finding yourself again will be for you! I wish the both of you happy day's and discovery! Take it day by day Girl! Please keep us posted!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you love~

when i left i didn't know which way was up. but the nicest thing was a good night sleep for a change.

it didn't give him a reason to get clean and sober right away but i do believe in the long run it help him fall and get up on his own.

best of luck to the two of you
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My hat is off to you! The road ahead may not always be smooth, but you have made the hardest step.

Thinking of you today and smiling...

Sheila
Old 03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keeping both of you in my prayers.
(((HUGS))))
Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is WONDERFUL! I actually felt a sense of tranquility for you. I know exactly how you are feeling, but something has to give in our situations. Unfortunately for my AH, he hasn't found his rockbottom even now that we're about to be divorced. Good luck to you!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tiffany,
You're amazing! Oh my gosh. You inspire me.
No matter what happens, be very proud of yourself for protecting yourself and making a quiet protected space where you can sleep luscious uninterrupted sleep, concentrate on the things YOU love in life, and steer clear of the loud clatter of chaos always echoing in your head.
There may be bumps in the road ahead, but this is a huge move for you that sets your intention loud and clear: I deserve a happy and peaceful life safe from that madness...and I'm going to have it.

Hugs to you!!

GL
Old 03-19-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tiffany, you did the right thing. Stay strong, gal, and good things are going to come your way. Hugs, prayers, & peace!!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i do understand how you feel, i had to make the same kind of move. it was hard for me, but it turned out to be the best move that i could have made. my faith is what saw me through and one day at a time, life began to get easier for me. i was better able to stick to boundaries and i found a peace that i know i could never found living in the mist of all the drama. my rah is now sober and is home again, for today. i pray that things will work out for you and yours one way or the other. keeping you and your family in my prayers
Old 03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
gnome on the range

Congratulations!

I too went and got my own place this weekend. There must be something in the water... only my situation is different in a way. Everything is in my name-nothing is in his. Where my story is different is that I told my ABF that he can come with us but he has to be clean and keep a job and pay his own way. I also have the right to make him submit to random drug testing and if it comes up dirty, he's outta there. Any suspicion I have, is cause for a test... no matter how much it costs. I'll pay it for MY well-being. I know its still like I'm needing to have control, yes... but I feel I'm more in control of MY life. Also, since the lease in MY NAME only, I can make sure he is forced out if I need him to be. He is listed as an occupant... (that won't be a problem, will it? )

Anyway, I placed a boundary and I will stand by it. He may be gone tomorrow for all I know. I do love the man, but I can no longer live like I have for the past two years. What I am most certain about is that I am moving on. It will be a struggle and my son won't get the "games" and stuff he's been used to, but its all for the best.

For my abf its do or die where WE are concerned.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Kudos to you Tiff for being strong enough to follow through. It's so very tough but you will find that the peace is well worth it.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

congrats!!!