Nurse at detox

Old 03-17-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nurse at detox

what kind of crazyness is this,I know and understand full well bout free will and choice and wanting to be clean, but this is crazy, my a brother went into another detox and had a plan for after he had space in rehab and was realy sounding possitive about all this..(and I do know how well addict's lie).. well he was there for 4 day's at detox and some young nurse was having sex with him, and he left, now I know he is of age and all that but she broke a big rule and she does need to be punished.. I am also a nurse and if I was to take on of my pt in a closet and screw them I would not have a job, I am just realy mad at her I don't except much from him,,,, I am sorry for the mindless venting
Old 03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi I am a nurse as well---you should talk to who ever is in charge of the program privately-and let them know your brother is saying this.Is it possible he may be just using that as an excuse and it is not true?? Best of luck to you...
Old 03-17-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry to anyone who veiw's this for my rant, but I am realy mad, at this point I know he will do what he is going to do, but these staff member's are trained and should know beter,in a freking rehab, with I.V drug users,..sorry again
Old 03-17-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have every right to be angry!!!! Get to the bottom of it--if not just for the sake of any one else who this nurse might target.....
Old 03-17-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you.... I thought I was wrong for being so mad
Old 03-17-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you aren't wrong for being mad if its true. I'm a nurse too. I cannot imagine having sex with a patient in a rehab[hiv, hep c]. Unless she is a nut. Is it possible he is delusional?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't think so, for the first time he sounded clear,and good, not saying much..But who know's, I know that he can be very charming to the ladies I have watched him sweet talk many young women, wich mad sick because he his my younger brother... but to me just the thought of someone doing that is not fight......he called me from detox on Wed and for some reason I did ask if they seperated the men and women and he did act kind of funny and pt not staff...I just think it's sick
Old 03-17-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Angel....
I'm also a Nurse. Please report what you have said to the Supervisor of the Rehab.
May be true, may not be true, BUT if it is, she sure needs to be written up, and find employment elsewhere!

Grrrrr....
Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Report it. Let them deal with it after you report it.

Once you give the information over it is up to them what to do with it or how to act on it.
Giving the information over will help you with your anger and it will help them prevernt future problems IF it is true (and it may well be).

giving up the information and reporting it will help you let it go too.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

I sure understand your anger. But as a nurse as well, having a leetle difficulty believing it. You know how addicts are...
Not saying it couldn't happen but holy cow...like mentioned above...Hep C, HIV, etc, etc....sounds fishy!

Having said that..if it is true..she does need to lose her job!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Well... I am NOT a nurse, but I can play one online... smile.

What I know is that many of us anons are drawn to the "helping" professions... nursing, teaching...

Can you imagine a codie with no recovery deciding to "help" all those poor addicts in rehab? She may have professional standards, but just as addict doctors and nurses can violate their standards to feed their need.... so can a very sick codependent.

But I agree with Frizzylyn that I would also consider the "source" of the information. Addicts lie, lie, lie!! Especially about something as embarassing as having been kicked out of rehab. A few discreet inquiries might be in order before you ring the alarm....
Old 03-18-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am going to call the hospital tommarow, and drop a dime, I just don't know helie's like all, but something must ring true, because he did end up going to the rehab houae, halfway house, so at this point he is where he need's to be...... thank you for all your help..God Bless
Old 03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

BOY THERE ARE A LOT OF NURSES HERE!!! I am one as you know and I am wondering if there is a connection between enabeling and nursing....lol
Old 03-19-2007, 04:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

actually, if you read "Co dependent no More" there is a link between co dependency and the nursing profession. That need/desire to care for others is there in career too (not just relationships).

I am not a nurse.. couldn't have stood it.. Humans make me impatient (I admite those who are nurses very very much).

I rather care take animals, and I have and do and will continue to do so.