A Penny For Your Thoughts

Old 03-18-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
Teke, I have way to many things going on in this head of mine. I sit here at6:30am while I should be taking advantage of sleeping. My daughter is with her family, Michael is with my sister and I am sitting here up way to early.

My thoughts are running to that

1) I should start cleaning now so I dont have to do it anymore

2) Should I get my hair done at 8 am so I could look nice and pretty tomorrow when I go out to dinner.

3) Laundry is floating around a bit.... really dont wanna do it.

4) MY abf has been home since Tuesday night. He hasnt gotten high at all. This is the longest he has ever been clean on his own and by his decision. I don't want to get my hopes up but am proud of him the same. But I dont say anything to him... scared to bring it up.

5) I wonder if I should cancel my dinner tomorrow with 3 of my friends so I could be home with him after work. But then think to myself if I do cancel and he starts using tomorrow I will resent him.

teke there is so much more in my head I could keep going.

Oh yeah my daughters tenth birthday was yesterday... we had a great time.
I have one more birthday to go next week.

Jewel
soooo you get to sleep in, kids gone and youre thinking about cleaning house and doing laundry, rather than go get your hair do, so that you can look pretty for you when you go out to dinner, huh? now, tell your daughter, that teke said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!!

about your dinner date, i agree with you, if you cancel for him, then you may feel resentment towards him ,if one day soon or not so soon, he don't do the same for you. i say go ahead and enjoy your dinner, your bf will probably still be there when your dinner date is over and you would have done something that you want to do for yourself. glad to hear that he is doing good though, and i pray that he keeps it going. i think that its a good thing that you are no getting your hopes up too high, high expectations sometimes causes disappointments and pain.

and post as many thoughts as you want, to whoever you want to post to, just to get them out. thanks for this one, i got kind of bored and wanted to talk or just listen.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok, today i'm thinking, what's for dinner? and thinking that i'll go to walmart and pick up a couple of movies and just chill out. haven't felt too good for the last couple days, so i don't know! husband is still doing well and is still sober, i think, but i don't think that i'm recieving his doing well as well as i think i should be. just thinking!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

i have few penny
one is thank u teket for this thread!! so helpfulll to all of us.
another one is lol lol lol lol lol
100 penny makes a dollar lol lol
another one,,, life is arollecoaster,, one minute up one minute down!!!!!!
right now,, im tryingto seall hegood,,a s long as ihave it..
ilove u all here ur my family.
myhusband is 2 weeks clean,, tomorrow is monday kids go to scholl lol,, whatelse,,... GOD bless us all!!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:02 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Why was my post deleted without anyone telling me why?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Hey did my post get deleted?
i'm sorry, io storm, i found this one and there is another one. was there more?

Sorry, I see it now.

Brownie, I think you are just about the sweetest thing that

ever walked the earth.

Frizzy:

See, I can get mad, too.

I would like my question answered, though. That guy was

just so freakin' mean to that hurting man.

IO
if so maybe you can repost, could have been a comp glitch, but i'm not a mod, so i don't know.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
grateful rca

today i'm thinking that i hate to dred taking my son out of school today, gotta take him to the doctor, and since i have to go anyway, i knew to go but don't know how i can kill two birds with one stone.

also thinking about this dream that i had, dreamed that rah was having an affair. funny though, i wasn't as upset about it as the dreams that i've had in the past, maybe i'm getting better at not starting a fight over dreams. you think?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I was just reading through this thread . Its Monday morning now and I noticed several of You mentioned your addicts were several days, weeks or months clean. Mine has been clean since the awful drunk incident where I refused to let him come home until sober (last Monday-1 week today.)
So for all that posted that, no matter how litle the time I want to say a great big YEAH!!!! We've had a bit of peace, for today, peace one day at a time is all I can ask and I think we should all be happy for this. Those are my thoughts for today
Old 03-19-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

my thoughts for today - as its raining, muddy and gross...

my kids are all pretty good kids - i like monday's when the 3 older kids are in school and i can clean and relax a bit - and i'm grateful no one is puking anymore - i'm thinking i'm glad i don't have to go to the dr's or anywhere cuz its gross outside and i'm grateful that i can come here and just *visit* and get mad, cry or just be and be accepted - that's what i'm thinking right now..

and teke i posted a 2 yr old finger with frosting pic on the two year olds thread - get your finger fix and explain that to me :+)...

love,
s
Old 03-19-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....

My thoughts today are that I'm dreading seeing my X today, he said he was coming by to get his stuff.... I have this yucky feeling in my stomach....Please send some prayers my way.... thanks so much..

love ya all

Liz
Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Standing at my crossroads

My thoughts for the last couple days have been, it's time to embrace my hottness. I am a beautiful person, I have a beautiful heart, and I will not go down without a fight. I deserve all the pampering I can give myself and I'm going to do it with a smile.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I am here at work stuffing my face when I shouldnt since I am going out to dinner tonight. Look at my coworkers.... a few are cool but most are fake a$$ and kiss up to the boss to the point I want to throw up. Today I let it bother me but I usually dont. Anyways I will just put that aside now.

Another thing in my head is that in the past I used to get envious of people and there relationships.... always thought I wish i could have that. I am learning that the grass isnt greener on the other side and everyone has problems whether bigger than mine or smaller but it doesnt matter anymore what they have as long as I am true to myself.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

as long as I am true to myself.
Very strong IMPORTANT words.
Stay that way
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

loveonlegs - Sending lots of prayers your way from "The Island"
Old 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((teke))))

I started by allowing myself to feel instead of think. I can now tell when I am thinking so I just tell myself to stop thinking. I start breathing and focus on my breath.

I find I am thinking if someone else is on my mind especially my H. I have began to know not just believe that I cannot do a damm thing about what he does or anyone else for that matter. So why think about him? I can see that his disorder does not give a rip about how I feel. Someone needs to care about how I feel and I guess it is going to have to be me or else I cxan keep thinking about him and what he does or does not do...I think a lot less when I can turn my mind off for even a few minutes...some call this meditation...
Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by loveon2legs View Post
Hi everyone....

My thoughts today are that I'm dreading seeing my X today, he said he was coming by to get his stuff.... I have this yucky feeling in my stomach....Please send some prayers my way.... thanks so much..

love ya all

Liz
sending prayers your way loveon, and a few hugs, hope things get better for you as the days go by. stay strong and keep the focus on you. don't forget to let us know how it goes
Old 03-19-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis... View Post
and teke i posted a 2 yr old finger with frosting pic on the two year olds thread - get your finger fix and explain that to me :+)...
i do not know where i get this thing with babies fingers and toes, i think that they are so soft and sootheing somehow, they just relax me. i'll cuddle up with a baby, feel its hands or toes and fall asleep everytime.

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
I was just reading through this thread . Its Monday morning now and I noticed several of You mentioned your addicts were several days, weeks or months clean. Mine has been clean since the awful drunk incident where I refused to let him come home until sober (last Monday-1 week today.)
So for all that posted that, no matter how litle the time I want to say a great big YEAH!!!! We've had a bit of peace, for today, peace one day at a time is all I can ask and I think we should all be happy for this. Those are my thoughts for today
i guess your right about being happy for my addicts but apart of me is afraid to speak too fast,i'm so used to relapses, i guess i'm just not ready to except that he may just want to recover this time. one day at a time, i am glad to have a little peace with him being around, but i guess my mind is made up that, i'm gonna have peace with or without him. i honestly don't know where i'm at with this one.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
grateful rca

anvil, i know what you mean about this ole meno thing, reminded me of my 2 yro grandbaby, she see me fanning, throwing off covers or taking off clothes and she'll say "gam'ma hot some g'en?", she thinks thats the funniest thing.

splendra: i came to the exact same conclusion as you, then came about my road to codie recovery. i felt like i have to protect my own heart cause he's not gonna.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

tonight's thought: I've really GOT to learn how to make New York Cheesecake.

Love,
GL
Old 03-19-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i thinking that i believe that my rah is still clean and sober, but i don't believe that i'll ever be able to let my guard down and just be comfortable with him and his sobriety and even if i were to, i don't know how.

i don't know the man and i don't know if i could allow myself to be any closer to him emotionally than i am already.i'm thinking that all while he was using and away, i felt more comfortable with myself and being around him when ever i was. now i don't know how i'm suppose to feel. sounds and feels kind of weird to me. maybe its because i just can't get in touch with my own feelings right now and don't know if i am suppose to be able to. i guess i feel that i may be neclecting him and our relationship and don't know what to do about it, if anything. just thinking out loud.

givelove: when you find out how to make that cheese cake, how about letting me know.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Red face

Hey did my post get deleted?

Thank you for not deleting my post. I just hate to see

when somebody attacks another here in SR. I don't think

that is what we are here for, even if we think we have all

the answers.

I think it just fires up everyone a sends a bad ripple out

and a negative message to the newcomer on both sides.

Love you all.

IO

(sherry)