Good Morning everyone!!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone!!

Hi there everyone!! I hope all of you are having a wonderful day...
A thought came to me this morning, I remember when my XAH were together and I would dread the weekends, especially if payday came right before it, most Friday nights I would lay awake wondering if he would come home from work, or if he would make it home alive after drinking with the guys after work... I dreaded Saturdays, because it usually meant me being yelled at and him leaving to go and get his drugs and spend the entire night, and half of the next day at a sex shop...(this started happening more frequently the past few months).. Sundays were a total write off.... he would come home and want to talk, to "confess" what he had done to elivate his own guilt, I would leave, and then I'd come home and find him crashed out on the couch usually with an 1/2 full can of beer beside him......I would spend the rest of the day wondering what the h**l I was doing.........
Although it has only been 3 weeks, I have been welcoming the weekends, I wake up not wondering or worrying about him and what the weekend will bring, I look forward to what will happen, who will call, and what I will do....... it's such a feeling.....
I pray all of you will have that peaceful feeling this weekend...
lotsa love,
Liz
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Liz, and I intend to also.

It's almost springlike here and this Canadian needs to get the cobwebs out of her mind and head out for a long walk.

Hugs
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i hope everyone has agood weekend,, i know whatu meanabout pay daysnn and waittng for agood ending.
my husband is home from reahba nd few days now,, and i can see abig change in him,, ihope i wiill stay like this,, and like he says with GOds will.

i hope everyone will have good weekend,,and most important whatever comes just be strong and think about good things!! love you all!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ann,
I am also Canadian!! I am in B.C. and it is springlike here, rain rain and rain!! at least the grass is green and the flowers are coming up and the beautiful cherry trees are blossoming!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That feeling is wonderfully overwhelming isn't it....being free from the chaos. It is like being able to open up the curtains and look out instead of peaking out.

Happy Weekend to you!

Rose
Old 03-17-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cherry tree blossoms already? Wow...wonderful! I just shovelled the driveway while 48 hours ago I was running in shorts and a tee shirt...March is so fickle!

It is a wonderful feeling to be free of the chaos and just enjoy life. As much as I would not wish addiction or loving an addict on anyone, I know that recovery has helped me see the true beauty in the world.

Enjoy your weekend...may it be filled with moments of joy!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi loveonlegs - I'm on the island - HELLOOOOO THERE!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good morning to you. thank you for the good wishes. hope your weekend is great...
Old 03-17-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
It is a wonderful feeling to be free of the chaos and just enjoy life. As much as I would not wish addiction or loving an addict on anyone, I know that recovery has helped me see the true beauty in the world.

i'm with you on this greet.

i remember those dark days too, loveon2legs, what a relief, huh?