Too Many Who Die

Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too Many Who Die

I've mostly posted about my AS. I also have a nephew who is on methadone maintenance (aarrrrghhh!) Yesterday the third young person who was a friend of his, OD'd and died. How sad!! When I think of those and the ones who have been friends of my son who have OD'd, I shudder.

Recently, I learned the son of a friend of mine from high school, had OD'd and died. I would never have known or guessed that there was a drug problem in the family - such a wonderful family, who has opened their home to those in need many times. I hurt for them.

Yesterday in line at a drugstore, two people were ahead of me talking about how almost every family has someone who is an addict. They each shared about their families. I stood there and listened, but didn't add that I, too, had an addict in my family. Three out of three in line. How sad!!

Last week I was heartbroken by the tragedy in Alabama where 8 students lost their lives in a tornado at the school. One of the students was the daughter of friends I had worked with for several years. They had recently moved. She was such a little princess - so sweet, smart, polite, pretty, a wonderful big sister and daughter and student. How sad, too, that a life like hers was taken in such a sudden tragic way. Pray for this precious family. They are hurting beyond description.

Their pain is different from ours. I used to think nothing could be worse than the pain of a parent with an addict child. Now....I'm not so sure of that any more..May God bless the families who lost children in the tornado.

Washbe
Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Washbe)))

There is a time to every season....

... I try to remember that even death is part of life, and that we cannot control the "when" of things, most especially not death. Those thoughts have helped me through the loss of a baby daughter, my younger brother and others who "went too soon".

I don't get to choose... all I can do is just live the brightest, shiniest life I can while here.

(((hugs)))
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

keeping all the families in my prayers. sorry for the losses
Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out for the victims of the tornado and their families, and also for each addict that still suffers and theirs. And a special prayer for those two ladies in line, because they are "us" in so many ways.

We will all face tragedies and losses somewhere in our life, and like BigSis, I think that even these sad events are part of a process that makes us stronger and lets us grow. A reminder of how precious life is and how important it is to live it well.

Hugs