Update on me

Old 03-12-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on me

My weekend went well. Ah didnt come home Friday night but showed up on time to work Saturday. Called that morning and I was distant. He showed up after work. I had friends over so he stayed quiet.

I later heard him talking to his step dad (a recovering alcoholic) and saying he was surrendering to alcohol once again because he had no desire to ahve just a few but rather to get trashed and he wanted to be more of a dad than that. His step dad commended him on making it to work every day last week even though the nights were rough.

Sunday was smooth as well he finished up his side job and slipped all his cash from it in my pocket. He had $200 still he wanted as spending money. ( I wanted to scream but I let it go.) and guess what he went to the store and bought 200 dollars in groceries.

So for today its a good day and Im letting go. I received more money in the last 2 weeks from him than I have in a year and all bills are ecaught up, so theres no more stressing that no matter what happens with him and his money I can handle the finances on my end and Ill let him handle his business.

Roller skating, that was fun, but whew what a lesson in how much I hate not being in full control
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks for the update, glad to hear that one day at a time, things are getting better for you. i missed you over the wkend, you have GOT to get your pc plugged up at home, somehow and when you're ready, just letting you know that you were missed.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Cinderella, I was thinking about you all weekend and as hoping you were okay. Thanks for the update... at least he bought groceries for your home. Remember to take care of you and everything will be okay.

God I havent been roller skating or ice skating for so long...

Hugs,
jewel
Old 03-12-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Jewelz he bought awesome groceries and gave me $400 in addition to the $400 he gave me on Thursday
Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Yes Jewelz he bought awesome groceries and gave me $400 in addition to the $400 he gave me on Thursday
its funny how big of a deal this kind of stuff becomes, i'm glad for you, too
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

wow thats great... hopefully he is seeing what he wants to be and makes some changes to his life. I came home on friday and he handed me $340. for the house, and also paid his mom for watching Michael.

jewel
Old 03-12-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

since you all are bragging.LOL (just kidding) thought i'd tell you that my ah did the same thing. came in with 400,00 for the house and bought groceries and decided that i didn't have to worry about buying groceries anymore. i thought that i still should save some of the money, just in case he changes his mind? happy for you too jewelz.

aren't they suppose to do this kind of stuff, though, or is it just the way i think it should be, anyway, its something to be happy about to me. shoot, its been so long.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Cinder....That is really good news. Hopefully step by step he regains what he wants in life.

**Happiness all around to all three of you...Cinder, Jewelz and Teke!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, step by step.

When he bought such awesome groceries (which by the way Id already been shopping) I thought of ANvilhead saying how well her and her bf eat. Ah sat back last night and said this is all I want to do work and eat, and eat good.

He asked if I cared if he got fat. I had to laugh, I doubt he'll ever get fat, but hey that would be so much better than him continuing to use
Old 03-12-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I love to hear some positives....made my day!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((cinder)))) glad things are looking up.maybe he is sincere....it does happened.keep us updated.