New Beginnings

Old 03-10-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

New Beginnings

I was saddened to know that our old forum is lost forever. My first thoughts were that I can never go back and look at my old posts. It is something I did sometimes to remind myself where I was and how far I've come. I also used it as a tool for remembering you guys. Having the short term memory loss, I can't remember names for any length of time. So it was a crutch. Especially all the people that have come and gone. Friends that I'll cherish in my heart, revisiting some of those posts was like revisiting them.

Though a seemingly small thing, it felt like one more loss, and it is.

But I guess it was past time for me. I wasn't really letting all that happened go. I was still re-visiting those posts, refreshing my memory. Holding on to all of that pain.

The slate is wiped clean now. A new beginning for me. Here again, I'm forced to let go of something I've been clinging to. I'm taking it as a sign. A sign to truely let go of those awful things in the past. To start new, with a whole lot more knowledge and experience and a wonderful love that I've received from all of you and past friends on here. Hold on to what is really important. Now.

So hello everyone, my name is Ms B, my screen name is Frankly because I tend to speak that way. I'm a recovering codie.

Love you all
B
Old 03-10-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((Frankly))))

Couldn't have said it better myself. Welcome. lol
I'm Linda and I'm a codependent taking care of me.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's a terrific attitude, Frankly. Accepting our loss and moving ahead all the stronger can only be good for our recovery. We may have lost the words, but the lessons and the memories are still with each of us.

Hugs
Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey yall, i'm teke
Old 03-10-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Still think it was all my fault....I really only wanted all my old posts to go away, to avoid prying eyes, not "everyone's" !
That secret thing works TOO well :-)
Old 03-10-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am Dolly, seem to deal my cards straight up, I am codependent, working on that part of me.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello there, I am Sandy, and I was a codependent without knowing it....but now I am getting better thanks to this forum!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Welcome ya'll! Maybe we should all just introduce ourselves again, with a little bit about ourselves. (That way I can still cheat and go back to this post to see who is who! LOL)

B
Old 03-10-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm Ann, Codependent mother (foster mother) of an addict. Through live meetings, this program, the wonderful supportive people here and the grace of God...my life gets better and better every single day.

Oh...I give a lot of hugs, and I am the official keeper of the steel toed bunny slippers, used only on rare occasions to give each other a "nudge' in our recovery.

Here's one of those hugs now...
Old 03-10-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Warrior

I'm Teresa - a codependent, I can not believe all of the signs in my life I have received letting me know "it's time for change", and then boom forget the signs there is what I call "oh well you didn;t listen, just trying to keep things the same" so here you go a forced change. Which shakes me up a bit, cause it seems I no sooner get a hold on things and it changes, but that's keeping me moving forward and deep down when I am not in the front row of my ASN addiction and drama (I read that here a long time ago), I actually like a few suprises and to not have everything stay the same. But I will definetly miss the old forum, so I gave a proper goodbye and now I want to say "hello everyone", I feel like we've met before. peace-blackbird
Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everybody,

My name is GiveLove, I live in the Rockies, and the addicts in my life were both parents (dec.), my two only sisters (dec.) and my youngest brother (doc cocaine)

I chose my name because I wanted a constant reminder of what I'd like to do, every day of my life. The more love you give, the more you get.

Hugs and hellos to all friends old and new

Love,
GL
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi! I'm BigSis...

I got here originally in 2003 to deal with my sister's meth addiction, I returned in 2004 when I discovered my (at the time) 17 year old daughter had been addicted for at least 4 years to the same crap. My son - 2 years older than his sis - is also an addict/alcoholic.

I was born of 2 alcoholics, am one, married one and got sober with him in 1983. We did that, almost entirely, with the view of "interupting the cycle".

What I know today, is that addiction and alcoholism are no more environmental than inheriting the gene for heart disease, diabetes or arthritis.

I remain here and at Alanon because in the process of figuring out how to deal with their addictions, I began to discover how to deal with .... me.

Wanna come see me?? Head toward the Pacific and hang a right at the volcano without a top...

((hugs))

PS - Thank you Frankly for this... I was also grieving the loss of the old threads and hadn't realized how much of a weight has been removed. I can set those old posts down and move forward!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
....or at least hoping I am.

Hi, I'm LivingWithHope...

and I'm a recovering codie of an AH. This board and this 'family' has truly been a God-send to me since 2003. I am so thankful because w/o it would be VERY hard to keep my boundaries and stay sane at the same time.

I too used to go back and read my old post not so much because I didn't want to let the past go but more so to see if things had changed at all. Well the good and bad of that is that I have changed for the better...a little slow sometimes and a little relapse at others but I have continued to grow. The bad of that is that unfortunately AH continues to go through his cycles with some change here and there and then back to the old ways.

Again, I'm so thankful for this board and all of the experiences and wonderful wisdom it has to help others.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Hi,
I'm Jennifer, aka duet, and I didn't know that I was a codie, or that my XAH of 25 years was an addict, till about 6 months ago. What a revelation!

I am taking baby steps in recovery and falling down some, but it is getting easier for the most part. XAH is gone and there is peace in my home for the first time ever. Almost too much peace sometimes, if you know what I mean.

I didn't realize the old posts were gone, but I don't believe in coincidence, so may they rest in peace! We will just go on from here!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi I'm Liz, sooo great to be here, I just posted under the In prison thread, that's where my story is.... we have such a great bunch of people here and I am grateful to be a part of this community.....

Thank you all so much!!!!!

Big hugs,
Liz xox
Old 03-10-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm SecretMom

Sorry, can't do better than that right now since RAS found me here. But I come from a family of alchoholics, hubby and I are recovering alcoholics for 18 yrs? Yep, 18 yrs. GEEZ, time goes fast when you're not looking!
I came here last year for help dealing with AS, crack addict. I was depressed, even suicidal at times and this place has kept me somewhat sane through the H*ll that is addiction.
RAS "finally" got a sponsor this morning, so we're celebrating today. I guess it's tough for a shy person to even ask?
I also love dogs, esp. little ones! (big hint :-) And esp. love my SR family here, all of whom have probably saved my life.
Much love, SecretMom
PS...meeting with Greeteachday, Ohjansie and Pjbs55 in 3 weeks from today....I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hi. My Name isElana. I started coming here in 2003 but left after a few weeks.

I am a recovering codie. My ex husband, now deceased under very sad circumstances was an alcoholic.

My X addict Boy friend, Steve, uses pot and grew it in my house and I did not know until October 2006. I found out the store room was used for a grow-room and also discovered the source of my high electrical bills. Steve claims to be an ex cocaine user, but who knows?

He cheated on me with a another woman. I feel defiled and violated by this man.

I am angry and I am working thru it.
I am in recovery and will never again let anyone use me as their door mat (except for my cats.. who walk all over me).

I hold nothing back and give it to you straight tho you may not agree with me.

I love horses, cats, dogs.. all animals and used to have a dairy farm.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Warrior

Elana, I just have to mention that being around for awhile, I have seen in many threads that you used to have and run a dairy farm, and I for one think that is really something wonderful, I know you had to let it go, but at least you had that in your life on this journey were all on and you will always remember it. peace-blackbird