SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Keith is gone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/117865-keith-gone.html)

patchoulli 03-10-2007 01:57 AM

Keith is gone

Keith died yesterday morning around 7am. He lived 2 days after being taken off the vent. I cried for a few minutes and took his girls and their mom to the hospital to say good bye. I didn't go in. I did not feel the need. I am fine with his passing, looking back over the last few months, I realize he was deep in addiction although at the time, I truly did not know until 6 weeks ago when I saw him with the crackhead on the back of his motorcycle at midnite. I am so fortunate, my sister flew in from Jersey, My daughter stayed home from work, picked me up [I lent my car to Keiths kids}I did work a few hours in the morning, it helped. His ex and the girls leave monday. I am having a problem with the deceit that I didn't see coming. First of all, the issue of the hepititis C that I wasn't aware of, then I opened my home depot credit card bill and found a $50 dollar gift card purchase for last month[not mine], and got a call from a collection agency , We had a joint checking for a short amt of time when we bought this house together. I thought I had destroyed the checks when we closed that account over a year ago. Well apparently, Keith kept a book of checks and there are 12 missing. Two of these checks have already been sent to credit collections, one has been forwarded to the state attorney...He signed them, but the original account was in both our names and I am responsible. I called the bank and the attorney that wrote up our agreements with the house. I feel like I have been physically assaulted from the grave..The lies, deceit, and filth he has brought into my life are appalling. I did not see this coming. One minute I grieve and the next I am so angry at him for his lies. Why does it seem that these addicts are so warm and caring, we love them sooo much, they have a vulnerability in them that makes us melt, and the next minute, they are stealing from us???This man did not even allow me to grieve him, I am now looking at defending myself from bounced checks, and possible hep C...Its funny, I don't hate him, I pity him and wish him peace..Marian

rahsue 03-10-2007 02:10 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad and I hope you can find some peace for yourself soon.

teke 03-10-2007 02:44 AM

i'm so sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.
i'm keeping you and his family in my prayers.

heartbroken616 03-10-2007 03:16 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

I will be thinking of you.

hope213 03-10-2007 03:22 AM

mairian, i am so sorry. i am sorry for him,another one lost to addiction. addicts are sick people, mentally,physically,& spritiualy. may he rest in peace & may your H.P.give you the strength to get your thru all of this.my prayers are with you.please come back & let us know how you are doing.hugs,hope

Elana 03-10-2007 03:47 AM

I have no words.
I see what has happened to you in my future, if I even know when it happens.

I am so sorry.

Jewelz 03-10-2007 03:53 AM

I am so sorry for your loss and everything you have to deal with now. I am praying for you and him.

Hugs,
Jewel

dollydo 03-10-2007 04:07 AM

I am so sorry....

pjbs55 03-10-2007 04:12 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find some peace at this time and some extra strength. At least you know that he is no longer sick, and maybe he will be at peace also.
I will keep you in my prayers

marle 03-10-2007 04:14 AM

Sending prayers your way. May Keith rest in peace. Hugs, Marle

historyteach 03-10-2007 04:18 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the children during this difficult time. May you find serenity. :hug:

Shalom!

frankly 03-10-2007 04:28 AM

((patchoulli))

First of all, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm not real good at words of comfort. Just know my heart breaks for you and your family.

It also sounds like you may be in a bit of shock. You have a whole lot of emotions that you will need to work your way through. Two greiving processes. One for his addiction and what it's done to you, the other for his death. It's normal for you to have the feelings that you are having.

It's also the most important time in your life, to put your mental and physical welfare at the very front of all your priorities. The hurt and pain runs deeper that you may realize right now.

Just know you are in my prayers

B

Ann 03-10-2007 04:37 AM

Patch, My thoughts and prayers are with you and all who loved Keith.

The person who did those things, the person who hurt you was the addict whose mind was distorted by the disease of addiction, not the sweet person who was lost somewhere inside but who loved you and didn't love the way he had become.

Remember that person, Patch, the good person inside. That's the real Keith, that's the person who suffers no more and rests in the arms of God. May his good memories live in your heart forever.

Hugs :hug:

rayofsunshine 03-10-2007 04:44 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Marian. Sending prayers for
peace and strength your way.

Anna 03-10-2007 04:51 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss Patch and prayers for you and your family.

tropikgal2 03-10-2007 04:52 AM

Patchouli, LIke the others, I am sorry for the grief that you are experiencing now. The rage at finding out the other crap only adds to that. Just know that eventually, little by little, this will come to pass. It may seem like forever when it is going on, but a year from now you will see that things will be very different. LIfe is impermanent and ever-changing.
Hugs to you and peace.

bookmiser 03-10-2007 05:12 AM

((((((patch)))))))

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Prayers from me to you today.

lil516 03-10-2007 05:52 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers...

If possible take a breather from the chaos that will soon be yours to face and mourn the loss of someone you loved...

the addict is responsible for this pain to you ....
in the same way that any sick person leaves behind things to be settled

(not sure if that attitude helps you but thinking of addicts as sick people who are hurting is the only way I can process all that addiction does to us.....)

lilac 03-10-2007 05:53 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs to you)))

Wascally Wabbit 03-10-2007 05:58 AM

Sorry for your loss.