Why isn't one kind of drug enough?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Why isn't one kind of drug enough?

When me and my exAGF first started dating she introduced me to different pain prescriptions initially because of my chronic headaches, occasional back pain, or monthly visitor. They worked really GREAT for me! I mean we're talking about a girl here who used to go comatose after haven taken two store bought Motrin, LOL! She soon started to encourage me to take them even when I didn't have pain just to feel "relaxed" which I did on several occasions. What are they called? 503's, I think. Anyway, I noticed myself taking these pain pills more and more for that "happy" feeling and that's when I panicked and stopped taking the damn things. I didn't want to become an addict. I went back to taking my Motrin when I actually HAD pain. I'm also a binge drinker. So I'll admit to having my own preferred "poison".

My question is though for people who use illegal drugs like heroin, meth, coke, exctasy, etc. Why isn't one kind of drug enough? For example, my ex used coke, took pain pills, did pot, excasty, was a smoker and drank almost a 12-pack of beer a day. Now she wouldn't do this combination all in one sitting. I mean she might mix pain pills with drinking and of course her half a pack of cigarettes, etc. But I just couldn't figure out why in the hell the coke wasn't enough. Not that any one thing is better then the other and she was fully aware that she was killing herself (on some kind of suicide mission) So why do all these different terrible things? How much higher can you get? How much more numb can you get? At what point do you have a revelation or go into panic mode and say it's time to stop?

Last edited by newblue82; 03-06-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear NewBlue,

When I was doing coke, I would take valium (That I had illegally purchased from a guy that worked in a hospital) to ease the crash of coming down from the coke. The mixing part just seems a natural to me. My body was always like a chemistry set. I was always mixing. The mix created a nice high.

Hope that helps,

Lithloren
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i have no idea why they take any of it..it will stay a mystery to me...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

If three beers give you a buzz why did you continue to binge till the night is over? For me it was in part...wanting more, looking for more of that same feeling but never getting it. A quest for that feeling that never comes but still you look.

Just like that saying...the only thing that fits the God shaped hole in us all is God. We all try filling the hole with anything and everything but we don't find it.

That first sip of beer always was the best. The second sip right on through till the night was over was an attempt at repeating that first sip. Only way to get that first sip again would have been to repeat the day all over again. More never did it but more was always the solution I tried.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well, when i was using, one wasnt enough.

One was good. Two must be better... Three wont hurt.... etc...

I was at a meeting tonight, and someone made me laugh so hard.

He said " you know, theres an olllllld saying.

one tequilla........two tequilla.......3 tequilla......4"

Anyway, i now beleive that one is too many, and a thousand are never enough.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

You guys are providing some serious insight. Thanks. Best and Aa vark, I really appreciate what you two had to say. I hadn't thought of it like that. . .
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with them too, one is too many and a thousand not enough. keeping you and yours in my prayers
Old 03-07-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He said " you know, theres an olllllld saying.

one tequilla........two tequilla.......3 tequilla......4"

Huh! I always thought the say was "one tequilla.........two tequilla.........three tequilla...........FLOOR!".
Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

.....LOL...tuffenuff
Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tuffenuff View Post

Huh! I always thought the say was "one tequilla.........two tequilla.........three tequilla...........FLOOR!".
LOL! You Know It, Tuff!!!

(Maybe its a Detroit thang?? )
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

makes you wonder doesnt it?/.. i guess its the more thebetter, i dontknow but i noticed that ifmy husband was clean,, if h drinks than it trigers the crack,, than the valume to sleep.. that what i saw.. so i think one thing trigers the other.