Just an update

Old 03-06-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Just an update

Hey all! Just wanted to write and give you a quick update on the happenings in my little world. I went out of town for four days and took a break from my life and came back feeling much better. Things here are slowly improving day by day. AH and I went to our counseling session today. I feel a little better. The anger is still there but fading as you all said it would. He leaves in less than 2 weeks for 10 days to Germany. I am still not happy about this. The fact that he will be at home (our hometown) for 2 days and that is where the woman that he was having the online relationship with is there is driving me crazy. Well, I hope all of you are doing well and I am glad to be back and have you back...pip
Old 03-06-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pip, it sounds like you are doing okay and I'm sure the break was good for you.

I understand the apprehension about him going to Germany, but maybe instead of worrying about it, you could plans something very special for yourself. Maybe go to some meetings and out for coffee with some members, or call some friends and go out for dinner and a movie...anything that will keep you busy doing something you enjoy and that will help you keep your mind off him and what he is or isn't doing.

We codies tend to isolate and obsess, when sometimes just getting out for a while can make a huge difference in our attitude and well being.

Hugs
Old 03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pip...I think Ann's suggestionis great. I'm very glad you had a chance to get out of town a bit too. Sometimes a change in scenery does us a world of good. Lots of hugs and prayers for you both.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pip - yes allow yourself to worry about Germany but only for 10-15 min and if you have thought of a good answer fine - otherwise get out of the house and do something fun - Promise? (as someone on TV says (ie worrying) "is it working for you?)
Old 03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

pip imhaap fpr yu you had som time off.. keep doing stuuf foryourself tha will give you energ and power and help form up above. amen
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear to got some time away from the drama. i agree with the others, find something you like to do to keep your mind occupied while he's gone. whenever you find yourself thinking about him and what he might be doing, change the thought somehow, if you can. don't forget to go to your meetings
Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you!! I love the support and wisdom you offer me! Hugs~pip
Old 03-07-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it is always good to get away..reguardless. i am sure you are going to miss your husband but remember to keep the focus on yourself.i will agree, plan something good for you & something you can not fit in when he is home.hugs,hope