Hello everyone

Old 08-04-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

I have not posted on the F&F in a long time, I do come by and read sometimes, I know that I have missed a whole lot on here.

Minnie I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time here in the US and that you were able to meet many SR friends.

I have been going through a lot of changes, some very good changes. I am doing very well.

My brother was moved to Gaylord, and I have exhausted all options that I possibly could explore, so he is 5 hours from me and 2 ½ from my parents. We are not able to watch over him and take care of him like we want to. I have been up there a couple of times to see him but it is so far and I work full time, I wish I could be there more.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to all my SR friends and wish you all the best.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hi...I was just thinking about you yesteray. Sorry about the situation with your brother, but it's the best that can be done.

How are you???
Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My brother was moved to Gaylord, and I have exhausted all options that I possibly could explore, so he is 5 hours from me and 2 ½ from my parents.
URGH!!! Your nation like mine has money enough to keep Sony and Samsung booming, and yet hasn't heart enough to care for it's sick with compassion. I wonder when priorities will change - I'm so sad you couldn't win through, sometimes the odds are truly too highly stacked against us.

On the up side I'm glad you're making positive changes for you.... gonna tell us?
Old 08-04-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am doing good, I just went to court with my H and things did not go well for him. But I am doing good!!

I am continuing counseling and I have done some good things for myself. I quit smoking, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I have also been exercising and eating healthier. I am enjoying things that I like to do. I am reading again, and I love being involved with my kids sports. I am even enjoying cooking if you can believe that. I am meeting new people and I am going to meet them for lunch tomorrow for the first time in person. I am excited about that. They are a bunch of ladies from a weight watchers support group from Michigan that I have met on line, alot of them live pretty close to me. I am going to a support group on Tuesdays' weight watchers and have met alot of nice people there.

I am keeping myself very busy doing things that I need to do for me.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

emily33, I'm also sorry it didn't go with your brother the way you wished. I hope things work out for the best. You sound like you're doing good yourself and I'm happy for you. Have fun at the lunch!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Em!!!

Glad to hear you sounding so bouncy. Such a change from before and a joy to hear.

Yes, I had a great time in the US. Thinking about my next trip now. lol.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Emily...you are so modest...I know from the other forum we
frequent you are an absolute star! You set a goal for yourself
and accomplished it only to set another goal, that is just
around the corner. You have been an inspiration to me in
many ways....thanks....
Old 08-04-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

You're doing really well in your recovery - it sounds like you're living life to the fullest. Sorry about your brother.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

so glad you popped in to tell us how things are going and it all sounds good except for the situation with your brother. keep taking care of yourself emily!