Sad news...

Old 08-01-2006, 07:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Guy. Read what I said.

I did not say his disease made his racism acceptable.

I said the two have nothing to do with one another.
Not all alcoholics are racists.
Not all racists are alcoholics.
Alcoholism does not cause racism.

Ignorance is the bases of Racism. I am not tolerant of it. Nor am I incredibly tolerant of bashing all alcoholics becuase of what one did to me. Its a disease.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Guy - I think you're missing Elizabeth's point and you're very angry right now. May be you should cool off a little......I don't think anyone wants to argue with you here about racism.

The only reason this thread was started was to talk about the fact that alcoholism doesn't give anyone special treatment. I realized there is a lot of information coming out about the DUI and special treatment he may have received. I'm guessing it's too hot of a topic to discuss here.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The bottom line for me guy is that he is an alcoholic and I hope he gets the help he wants and needs. I will not judge him on his comments as they are not my comments and what he said is not what I believe, so for me it really makes no difference what he said.

My grandmother also survived Nazi death camps (she is now deceased). I've heard the stories. It is not my place to call someone a racist or not.

Some of my best friends are African Americans, some are Jews. It makes no difference to me as long as they are kind people with good hearts. I also know many African Americans and some of the jewish faith that are complete slime balls who I wouldn't let shine my shoes. It's live and let live guy .. all we can do is not judge others for what they say or do ..... we can only judge ourselves.

You sound and speak like an angry man guy ...... I'll pray that someday you will find some peace in your life.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Are you calling Mel Gibson and his father "terrorists"? Holy Cow!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Wow... some scary quotes in that report!

Interesting, the arresting officer offered to not handcuff him against established procedures, until he bacame belligerant.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Okay people, the purpose of this forum is to discuss _our_ recovery. Not the recovery of anybody else, including people in the media.

Pardon me while I clean up the mess

Mike