Made a decision........

Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have Power of Now on audio and like it, too.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Good luck and God Speed - I hear the MIRACLES

Originally Posted by inthisforkeeps
a book by Eckhert Tolle called, "The Power of Now" - it's on the 'spiritual' side, but there's mention of addiction and codependency in there that I felt made it worthy of mentioning here...it's a GREAT read!

Sounds like things are coming together exatly as they are meant to be..your Higher power has you surrounded by light and love..I found that Power of now (CD's - listened to at bedtime & in am) a great tool to keep me in the moment/day at a time)

I know things will be fine for you !! I am proud of you
Keep in touch..We are rooting for you...And Hang in in the meantime.

xoxo Janni
Old 07-31-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Wow-- you are making great progress hon. You're a busy woman!
The unknowns are scary, but I figure it can't be any worse than how life's been while living with an active addict. It's just time to move on and LIVE.
Yes, those unknowns are very scarey, but you are totally right. I've found that fear of the unknown can paralyze people at times. Once you're out of there and settled in and have enough space and time to kick back and relish in the fruit of your labors, I think you will find it 1000% better. I know that's how I feel now that I'm on "the other side."
Old 08-16-2006, 12:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wanted to let you guys know that I did leave him. The anger kept me going (finding a crack pipe, as well as his constantly going out and not coming home and things getting so bad that he began selling everything for drug money while we had no food in the house) and I left. Was NOT easy. My son and I drove 11 hours to come stay with my cousin in a totally different state...but I'm leaving that chapter of my life behind and am going to try to give my son a better childhood - what's left of it. It still hurts real bad...it's all so fresh...I still cry from the pits of my soul...but I know that this is the right thing to do. For those of you reading this - know that you HAVE to put yourself (and children) first in these types of situations b/c you CANNOT control an addict...you CANNOT love them enough to get clean (or sober)...what's worse, is that codependency can make you as sick as the addict you love so much...to the point where you are not even good to them or anyone else in the way of help. You MUST put yourself first and CHOOSE to LIVE. Take it from me - I've lived it for the past twelve years. *hugs*
Old 08-16-2006, 12:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

P.S. When I left, though I didn't have room for some of my potted trees and plants, I grabbed the stereo...a silly thing, I know...but I knew he'd have pawned it for drug money and b/c I wasn't taking my bed or the couch or the washing machine or really much else but crap (clothes, sentimental things, my son's stuff, etc.)...I wanted to have *something*...besides; I have a child to take care of and if worse comes to worse, *I* can pawn that stereo - atleast my reasons would be more noble.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Your post is a true inspiration. I understand your hurt. I'm about to embark on a new life myself. I have been through two mammograms where masses were found. One was removed and biopsied - turned out to be nonmalignant mass of cysts. The next time it turned out to be more cysts that showed up on the sonogram. It scared the heck outta me, but the doctor told me it's fairly common. Take care of your physical well-being.

I'm glad you have friends and family who will support you in your journey. As tough as this is for you, they'll be there to lend you a helping hand.

Best of luck to you. What you're doing is a brave and positive thing.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

I'm glad to hear you made it to your cousin's and am very happy that you got out. Your post is inspirational and life is too short. Time will help those tears fade away and you have a bright future ahead of you.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know your hurting right now and I can feel the pain in your post...

Dont try to figure out anything right now, get settled and get your son settled. Give yourself some normality and let others take care of you for just a little while.

My prayers are with you and your son.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Great Job Inthis! Great news!!! Come post to keep your focus. K. Glad you are somewhere safe and a place you can get your life back on track...
Old 08-16-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

((((inthis))))

What you've done takes enormous courage. I hope each day gets better from now on for you and your son. I know how important it is to have people there for you. Don't be afraid to lean on others right now for the support you need. If your experience is like mine, it will get a little easier each passing day from here on in.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good luck to you and your son, in your new life. You should be very proud.