Simple question to ask yourself

Old 07-25-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Simple question to ask yourself

I bought some stuff on ebay recently. I have been corresponding with the seller about shipping and such. His email sig caught my attention. I thought maybe it would be a good thing to post here. So simple, yet profound.

"Is what you are choosing to do...
getting you what you want?"

L
Old 07-25-2006, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great quote!! And thank you for bringing it here, LTD.

My answer? Sometimes. And that is not good enough for me. I shall wake up tomorrow with a different approach.

When I was away, I spoke to many people about the concept of choice. Healthy choices are what bring me what I want and need. Very simple choices, like cookies or fruit. Starbucks or fruit tea. SR or swimming. TV or connecting with a friend. It's not always about the bigger picture.

Thank you.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thank LaTeeDa, that's a good one. It's sort of like when Dr. Phil says "How's that workin' for ya?"

And, unfortunately, today my answer is No.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today, the answer is no. I LOVE EBAY. : ) Im on there everyday. Sure i choose to go there everyday knowing it's not good for me. I know i will ALWAYS find something unique to buy. Is it getting me what I WANT OR NEED? Im getting what i want for sure, but it's things i dont necessarily need.

I am trying to get some bills paid off....Bills i made because i have a little part time job thinking i can get whatever i want with that money. BUT....in the back of my mind i know its not right. It's selfishness on my part. I should be helping my family with expenses and im not. Again SELFISHNESS and SELFCENTEREDNESS.

Ive traded one addiction for another....shopping online....YIKES.! : (

Im still determined that the longer i continue on my recovery path and see the destruction buying is doing to me personally and my family finacially....well this is one HARD LESSON im trying to learn from.

I cant help it but I love finding out about Vintage Cameos that ladies wore in the past. Some are very lovely and i would LOVE to have everyone out there....see my compulsion...? But im TRYING and I say each day. Wish i could be satisfied with just one rare one.....I know however im POWERLESS over my buying and wanting.

Again I have to turn it over to my HP for help on this one.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Thanks for sharing LTD!! I think we can all say a big fat "NO" on that one at some point in our lives. It's all about living and learning.