Job Woes

Old 07-25-2006, 12:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

That's ok - I've got 20 plus years in and only 10 left to go until I can retire!!!! - then I'll be just a tax preparer during tax season.
So there is hope for me!!

Hang in there Minx - Next year is an election year for our State Governor - Are you interested???? Anyone Interested? We could use some help down south?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are having such a rough time. My AH had a rough time before he found a job. He had a job and it fell through as well. The way I see it is it is probably a blessing in disguise. I never felt good about that job, it just seemed off to me nad it was only temporary. He went a couple more months looking and ended up finding a full time job that is only four miles away from home that is better pay than the others. So it all worked out.

Go ahead cry and get it out. It's normal. Job seeking is very rough and there are a lot of people out there that have little to NO integrity!! I'm sorry you are witnessing that.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ahhhh sweetie.... How about if we cry together and then have Ice Cream????

Good thing there is a meeting tonight
Old 07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

No integrity in the Construction/General Contractor business either (as if there ever was I guess LMAO)!!! I am so sorry to hear that Minx and I DO feel your pain. I hope that the other job is still available and if not, keep the faith that HP has something even better in store for you.

It's rough out there! Just went to a job fair today that was not really worth the 1/2 tank in gas I burned to get there. To my surprise, there were at least 300 there when I arrived an hour into the thing. We're not the only ones that are searching babe! Good luck to you and am cheering you along all the way.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sounds like integrity is pretty well kaput everywhere

I worked for a non-profit association in Maryland. It was quite prestigious. I got to rub elbows with the real movers and shakers, from the gov's office to major industry execs. Guess what? The director of the association got her cushy job by sleeping with the first chairman-of-the-board who was a BIG backer (as in $$) during Governor Bob Ehrlich's campaign. I go to the association's website now and then to see the ever-changing faces of the director's office staff (more like office slaves ....). She did everything from gyp me out of my comp time leave to even trying to withhold my pay for the 10 vacation days I never took when I left the job!

Don't worry, Minx, you have the credentials. I know how tough it is to be unemployed - been there, done that. You have a solid background, but it sounds like a tight market out there. It seems companies want to hire young kids who will work for pennies over experienced people who have more to offer. I'm not familiar with the Phoenix job market, but it sounds like things are more competitive than they were in D.C. I know your HP has just the right job waiting for you. Hang tight - I'll keep praying that the right one is coming soon!

P.S. - Don't even get me started on the BLATANT corruption I witnessed while working at a teachers' union headquarters!!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I dont think its necessarily that a particular industry as no integrity, I feel its the quality of people and society as a whole.

Slackers and back stabbers in any industry will make for a messy sitch.

Minx, so sorry this has happened. You will make out allright, its just too bad this had to happen.