Flunked my PT this AM

Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers Mike...
Old 07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by equus
Hope you start to feel better soon Mike - dunno about the work thing though, we'd miss not having you around so much!!
Take care you!!
Not to worry, 5 heart attacks haven't kept me away, a job certainly won't. This codie is unstopable *lol* thanx for caring

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Cynay
...Besides Im not trained enough for him to leave me alone for very long
*lol* Me thinks you do just fine by yourself, besides, it's really peaceful here, codies aren't too head strong or contentious *lol*

Originally Posted by StandingStrong
Mike, you've got tons of cheerleaders right here at SR to cheer you on. Now, you just take care of you and we'll be sending tons of prayers and good vibes your way!
thanx, and be careful with those cheerleaders, I'm single and looking ya know

Originally Posted by Ann
I ran ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way over here from Naranon, to let Cynay know that I have backup reinforcements if needed to keep Mike behaving. That's right...THREE codie buses full...
OMG. Now I'm _really_ going to pull the covers over my head and hide!!!!

thanx for the prayers

Anna, FD, Carol, thank you so much for the prayers. You all are wonderful.

Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Mike, wishing you loads of serenity, calmness, and prayers for your heart to recover without much intervention.

Also praying for you to feel confident and at ease during these interviews. They will be GRATEFUL to have you working for them! If you feel stressed about the interviews, you could do the old stand by and think of them sitting there in their underwear. I have never tried it, because I would probably start laughing and they would think I was a psycho.

Take care. Peace to you!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WOOOOHOOOOOO

See three bus loads... Your in soooooo much trouble now Mike!!

Are you nuts.... these codies would eat me alive if you leave me alone with them......

Im scared of Minx and Aspouse
Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dearest Mike.. We need you. I need you.

I found if I have anything wrong a headache, nervousness, flutter in heart, BP, any thing to do with health I call a close friend, ask if we can just visit till I straighten out.
It seems to work. Now tHat is for NON SERIOUS things, but there seems to be a calming effect to that voice contact maybe would help with more serious things. I ask about their grandkids, whatever is there favorite subject. I have about 5 people I can call, that will fill my day. I have only told two the reason why I want to visit a while. Others are overdue calls to keep in touch etc.

I called my friend one eve, told him I had this terrible pain, so thought a good conversation would help. He is my talkative friend, tells about some science fiction book he is reading. Later when our ears are numb, I tell him, it helped or fixed it whatever, along with facinating subject..

Then one eve he called, he was having pains. After we talked about 5 min. he said, hey! my pain went away. So that made me think maybe it helps others, not just me?.??
Take good care of you. How about a quick post each day, so we know you are up and about. Wish I could help! (( BIG HUGs))
Old 07-18-2006, 01:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending hugs and prayers Mike.

Everyone loves Mr Broccoli

Old 07-18-2006, 10:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Aw....

(sending love from my furry family, too!)
Old 07-18-2006, 02:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanx gang, your prayers were heard. That and some extra meds and I'm feeling much better now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by wraybear
Mike, wishing you loads of serenity, calmness, and prayers for your heart to recover without much intervention.
thanx bear, much appreciated

Originally Posted by wraybear
... ...If you feel stressed about the interviews, you could do the old stand by and think of them sitting there in their underwear. I have never tried it, because I would probably start laughing and they would think I was a psycho.
*lmao* noooooooooo the intervew was all guys, and this is Las Vegas, I do _not_ want to have that kind of image in my head!!!!

...See three bus loads... Your in soooooo much trouble now Mike!!
No kidding. I'm hiding under the bed!!

...Are you nuts.... these codies would eat me alive if you leave me alone with them......
awwwww, codies have the biggest hearts in the world, they'd never hurt anybody. When my AA sponsor finds out I did something stupid he busts me to newcomer and tells me to wash the cofee pots. When his black belt al-anon wife finds out she just raises an eyebrow, gives me "the look" and I _want_ to get busted to newcomer and wash the cofee pots. *lol*

Originally Posted by Zoey
... I found if I have anything wrong a headache, nervousness, flutter in heart, BP, any thing to do with health I call a close friend ...
Yup, I've got my phone list of close friends. Wouldn't have survived these last couple years without 'em.

Originally Posted by Zoey
... How about a quick post each day, so we know you are up and about. Wish I could help!...
I am up and about. Not much about cuz I'm taking it easy but I'm better. I have some "angels" here in town whom I call every day. One time things got confused and one of my angels didn't get the call, she called her Military Police boyfriend, who called his SWAT anti-terrorism cousin, who called his commander who thought it'd be a great opportunity for a "undected penetration" excercise. Neighbors thought the third world war was on. They broke some kind of unit record in "penetrating the target", which is soldier-speak for picking the locks. I wasn't even home at the time, thank the HP, or I _would_ have died of a heart attack.

That's one of the disadvantages of living next door to a military base. I'm lots more careful now about making all my phone calls.

And yes, you guys have helped a huge bunch already. Just knowing that you care makes all the difference in the world.

MG and Phinny, thanx for your posts, you all rock

you all

Mike
Old 07-18-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

So glad you checked in! Feels good to feel better.
WOW! Pick the lock?? I agree you were lucky you weren't home.
Neighbors probably loved it. (HUGS)
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Well, we love everything about you except that "farty" smell broccoli emits when you steam it....
Old 07-18-2006, 08:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Omg Fd.....

Roflmao
Old 07-18-2006, 08:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat
Well, we love everything about you except that "farty" smell broccoli emits when you steam it....
* lmfao *

Mike
p.s. glad to see you're feeling impish again
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Mike)))

Healing prayers coming your way...
Old 07-22-2006, 04:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

How are you doing Mike? I hope the scare from earlier has gone away.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey there GF, thanx for asking, you're such a doll.

I've been off the PT and have had no further "events". With the meds I'm on it's hard to tell if that event was caused by too much of one med, not enough of another, or by my condition deteriorating. I have a couple other symptoms that are a little worse, so the prime suspect at this point is that one of the meds is losing potency. Have to give it a little more time and see how it goes.

Still no luck on the job front. Three interviews this week, two went really well. The bad one was with a company that couldn't find my resume, forgot they'd scheduled the interview. When I gave them one they noticed that my background was unrelated to what they were looking for, but they said they were flexible and would probably hire me anyway cuz they were terribly short of staff. They guy was in a great hurry 'cuz they were on a deadline so after all of 5 minutes the interview was over.

I figure they might hire me if they don't loose my resume again *lol* 'course I'm not sure I want to spend 8 hours a day with a bunch of people who were hired without the right qualifications after a 5 minute interview. There was about 20 some people in the office, all of them walking around and nobody actually sitting at a terminal doing any work. Some of 'em looked like homeless weirdo's they found in some trash dumpster, they even smelled bad.

If something doesn't turn up soon on the job front I'm going to have to pack up and move again, to wherever I can land a job. The rehab folks have been great in setting me up with interviews with the state, but no job yet. I _really_ don't want to do that, I'm all settled and comfortable here. Everything has been working out so smoothly here in town, heck I even got a loan for this condo with no job and a terminal heart condition. If that's not the HP making life easy for me I don't know what is.

I've been selling off a lot of my surplus photo gear on eBay. Stuff I'll never use again and is just taking up space in storage. It's fun seeing people bid on it, I even yell at the puter and tell 'em to bid more *lol*

Having a war of mail with one hospital that has been trying to send me to collections for over a year. They can't figure out how to bill my two insurance companies for the last little bit of my bill. They already got paid on most of it, but for some reason they keep forgeting how to send a bill to my insurance companies. Might have to get my lawyer involved in this one.

Otherwise life is wonderful. I'm loving my little condo, staying indoors as much as I can, hanging out with my friends and going to lots of meets. I've got a dental appointment in a couple weeks, the hygeniest is this adorable sweetie I've been flirting with for a while now. She keeps turning me down for a date, but keeps returning my calls and even gets me cute little gifts now and then. I think she's playing hard to get

(((((( hugs )))))))

Hope you're doing good too

Mike
Old 07-22-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope one of the two interviews that went well works out for you Mike. The third interview sounds a bit 'off'.

It must be tough trying to get your meds straightened out and remaining patient throughout the process. I hope things stabilize soon.

And, good luck with the dental hygienist.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you don't have to move again. That is too stressful.

I'll be praying that you find a job!

Huge hugs,
MG
Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=DesertEyes]Not to worry, 5 heart attacks haven't kept me away, a job certainly won't. This codie is unstopable *lol* thanx for caring

Whoa...you've got one tough ticker Mike!! Great idea on the heart rate monitor (I use one as well).

I too for your health and job success
Old 07-22-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Anna, MG and Zoro, thank for your kindness and concern. It is the love that you have shared with me thru this forum that has helped me thru all the challenges of life. You all are the best.

Mike
Old 07-22-2006, 03:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

If I were job hunting in Las Vegas
I would hang out at the T.I.E. Club
and network.

That worked for ne in the Warrington Club of Pensacola...
I kept the job 6 years intil I moved to Jawja.

Hugs and Prayers Mike...