offer #1

Old 07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just a suggestion, and you've probably already done this, but I'd make three columns on a piece of paper and write down plusses of minuses of each company. Score them. The one with the highest score is the one you go with. If each company is aware you've been made an offer by another company, I would think they'd have the sense to see you are a valuable commodity. Oftentimes, they'll up the salary and/or benefits package.

Salary and benefits are very important, but I think the bottom line is your gut instinct regarding which job offers the most growth and opportunity as well as one in which you will be satisfied. I walked into what I thought was a great job only to find myself in a looney bin with the who's who of dysfunctional office characters! I should have trusted my gut instinct a bit more on that one!

Sometimes it's just sheer luck. You are right - let your H.P. be your guide and things will work out.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When I started with the company before this one, we interviewd and they made the offer just before I was to leave for Europe on vacations....

They did not bat an eyelash when I told them my start date would be three weeks out.

SOOOOOO have you heard on #3???? I know you really like that one.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done!!

You've got yourself in a position to choose and that says lots about your skills!! The stress will pass - you get to keep your skills!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Number 3 will give me an answer by the end of the day..The hiring manager is going on a business trip to Europe.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've done the pros-cons list..
I have a pretty good idea of my choice #1, #2 and #3..

The highest paying one is acutally my last choice..It was the company I was contracting at before my time off..just a different area.

I'll let you guys know when I here something.