No Progress

Old 07-10-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry No Progress

The last time I posted, I had told him I was done and he had spent the weekend pretending.
So that night, I reminded him of our conversation. And I quote "You still feel that way?" Angrily...... "Fine you don't need to say anything else." So I didn't because I just didn't feel like it. I went to bed. He stayed on the couch. The next day he was gone, didn't see him for two days. He came back and that's the way it's been. He's coming nad going so tonight I have to put an end to it. Wish me luck. I feel like a mother of a twenty year old that won't leave home. Goes and hangs out with his friends, comes home whenever he feels like it. Expecting his laundry done, food to eat and to be able to veg out in the living room. It pisses me off to no end. Tonight is the end of that.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong. I kicked mine out 3 weeks ago. I can't believe the strength it takes to actually follow through and not cave in. It's been so peaceful at home though. You are doing the right thing.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will stay strong, and thanks.
Last week I saw my counselor and she seemed to be concerned about me handling this like an adult and being able to look back with pride about the way I handled things. I have been the only adult in this situation and I have reached the point that no matter how I handle things from now on, I have no regrets. I know I have done all I can and have been very dignified about our situation. We all know that sometimes they don't respond to nice, calm and dignified. Anyway, I'm not going to go crazy or anything but I will do what I have to in order to get him to leave.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds to me as if you've made a very wise decision. You're absolutely right that remaining calm even though he'll probably go ballistic is the wise thing to do. He may escalate the situation out of desperation. I'd suggest you have a cell phone in your hand (or tucked in a pocket where he can't see it) and a way to lock yourself in a room if you need to call 911 in order to call the police to throw him out. Just be prepared to expect the unexpected. You never know what you'll get with an addict.