Living with insanity

Old 02-21-2003, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living with insanity

"Living with insanity or allowing others to treat us badly, living life as victims is insane.
Living in denial, telling ourselves that other people are fine - people who are abusing us and treating us poorly - telling ourselves that there is something wrong with us for not liking this abuse, is insanity.
Believing that we deserve so little in life is insane."

From Melodie Beattie's "codependants Guide to the Twelve Steps."
Old 02-21-2003, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

COO COO!!

Just kidding, along!
Ya know. we may do some insane things but that doesn't mean that the whole of us is crazy...
and in your case, you have been set-up masterfully, you have been manipulated, you have been lied to, there has been things designed to drive you crazy....if you took it in stride as being normal or okay , well then you might be crazy....

It isn't okay with you and I know that about you.

My counselor talks about the fact that this dynamic sets itself up slowly insiduously...if it had shown itself in the first place we would have said CRAZY! NO!
First there is the seduction,
Then we start making compromises,
trade-offs

With me it was literally conscious...this part is so good, I will pay the price of that part being bad...

I would have kept with that too. But I had no control over how bad "the Price I paid" was....it got too bad....was more than I could afford.

live
Old 02-21-2003, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

I think we are all guilty of that until the denial lifts...at that point we no longer have an excuse.

Peace,
JT