My insecurities are still there.....

Old 02-21-2003, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My insecurities are still there.....

Hello everyone....

Things have been going ok. Ive been really busy with work and everything.

I guess I was thinking today about posting, I'm hoping you all have some insight for me.

With being away from my A now, and being somewhat in the dating world again, I guess I have some questions. I met someone a couple of weeks ago, who I met through a friend. He is really nice, and very special to me. He treats me really well. We've been out, we talk 2-3 times a day too. I guess what I am saying is that I have developed some feelings for him and the thing is I am constantly waiting for the bottom to fall out.

When I first met him I didnt think he would call and want to go out, but he did. So it started with that. Insecurity, the big word about me right now. Self Esteem, the other big word about me too....I've realized both of those things are wrong with me. I thought I gained all of that or most back, but I am daily realizing that I havent. It's starting to eat at me.

It's like I am having a hard time opening up to him in a way, cause I'm constantly thinking, well he wont call me anymore one of these days, or want to see me. I've been surprised so far. I guess I do NOT in any way want another let down in my life. Esp since I like him.

I just hope I am not falling back to square one again.

Help!
Old 02-21-2003, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bonbon,

Having been married forever I can only imagine, but it seems to me there is no reason for you to open up yet. I am sure he is not either. You don't really know each other.

You were pleasantly suprised at his interest...how nice for you.

And all the self esteem stuff coming up seems ok too. Just like when you are meeting anyone new...or starting a new job etc. So you have something to work on...don't we all.

Have fun Bonbon...you have earned it!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 02-21-2003, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He sounds very nice and I am glad you are having some fun. Take your time, and hopefully soon he will make you happy instead of making you nervous.

Relationships take time to grow and mature. Give it the time you deserve.