New Lives, Hopeful Words

Old 06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

New Lives, Hopeful Words

Well, I have posted about the horror of the divorce. He put me through horrible guilt trips and emotional manipulation, but I stayed strong. He moved out and I lived through his first week of hell - he was alone with the terrible guilt of his addiction and the near unbearable pain of losing his family. I also posted about my own emptiness and feelings of loss.

Well, I talked to him today. He sounded great. He is kind of resigned to the situation, but he's looking forward to growing and meeting the next challenges of his life and hopeful sobriety. I'm feeling good. I quit smoking a couple of days ago and I'm finding great peace in having my own defined space.

I just wanted to post hopeful, good things so that everyone out there who is scared to move forward, to take the big scary steps, would know that there are good things waiting not just for you, but maybe even for your A too. Be brave!
Old 06-30-2006, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Holding The Father's Hand

I'm so proud of you. Thank you for posting this.

Since I finally cut off contact with my AH, and quit taking his phone calls and quit seeing him in person, I have a tremendous peace about me. It just took me a couple of days to adjust, and now, I feel really good. Even the kids seem to be doing better now that the rollercoaster of him in and out of the picture has stopped.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrads on stopping smoking... that is a hard one.

You sound really good, Im happy to hear that and thanks for posting.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting Hopeful Words, sure wish we had more. Good for you.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great post. It is encouraging to see (hear) the examples of how life does right itself even after the most horrific storms and turbulence.

Congratulations on giving up nicotine. What a great statement of self-care as you move forward now.

gf
Old 07-02-2006, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

That's great news Wantsout. I'm happy that things are looking up for you and you continue looking towards your bright future and enjoy each and everyday.