SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Sharing joy and hope (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/97090-sharing-joy-hope.html)

HockeyMom 06-28-2006 12:37 PM

Sharing joy and hope

I just wanted to share with you my joy and maybe give you some hope that things can get better.

My AH has been sober for 8 months now. That is the longest he has gone since he started drinking (and doing other stuff) in high school. He is actively working the AA program and it honestly and truly works. He goes to 3-4 mtgs a week. I go with him to one that is an open mtg. Not only is he learning and healing, but we have made new friends!

I got myself a big book and I still read it all the time. I would recommend that everyone in an alcoholic/addict relationship READ THIS BOOK. There is also a movie called "My name is Bill W." about the founders of AA and it really explains the program well also.

My husband struggles some days, but I can really see the difference in him. I went back and read some of my old posts and I just can't believe that we've come so far.

Jazzman 06-28-2006 12:51 PM

Big smile!!!
:c031:

lovemypup 06-28-2006 12:52 PM

I am so happy for you two! That is really great.

Pick-a-name 06-28-2006 03:14 PM

Thanks for this update.it is so good to hear of healing and good news. I am so happy for you. Sounds like he is doing the work...not just talking about it!

Cynay 06-28-2006 03:33 PM

Congrads to both of you.... its great to hear that things are going well.

outonalimb 06-28-2006 05:47 PM

Hockeymom!

My old friend!!!
So good to hear from you.
I am SO HAPPY to hear that things are going well.
Miracles really CAN happen, huh?
Hooray for you! And your AH (recovering, that is...)
Hugs...

cwohio 06-28-2006 05:52 PM

wonderful new HM - it works if you work it huh? so glad for you and your hubby!

denny57 06-28-2006 06:40 PM

That is great news!

I enjoy reading the big book, too.

FormerDoormat 06-28-2006 08:04 PM

Yep, miracles can happen. So happy for you both.

HockeyMom 06-29-2006 06:37 AM

OOAL! Yes, I've been gone a long time.....

I think it comes down to the fact that I only have access to a computer at work. I found that, as useful as this forum is, using it at work was very counterproductive for me. I had to try desperately to keep my personal problems at home and concentrate on WORK. Work has been so terribly busy for these past many months, but will now be somewhat quieter for the summer months. Giving me time to re-connect with all of you!

As much as I enjoy the f2f mtgs, this board has a different purpose in my recovery.

jackson123 06-29-2006 07:51 AM

I needed to hear that today. That's great!

HockeyMom 02-05-2010 08:26 PM

Wow it's been a long time. I should really come on here more often. I popped in to read some of my old posts cause I'm writing my story to speak at a Celebrate Recovery meeting on Monday. My husband is still sober. Recovery has been hard work but God has been good.

Encouraging whoever reads this to get to meetings!!! When nothing changes, nothing changes.