New Here & Looking for help please.

Old 02-19-2003, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SunShineGirl

New Here & Looking for help please.

Hi, I am new here. I have only been married a little over a year. Am 38 years old and married to my high school sweetie after all these years. I love him with all my hear but when he's drinking I don't like him much. What am I asking for....
1) Could someone please point me in the right direction for AA & Alanon meetings in the League City Texas area?

2) Now that you know the area Im in can someone please point me in the direction where I might find some reading material that would help me cope with my husband and help in cope with his problem?

Please and Thank You.
SunshineGirl

Old 02-19-2003, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi SunShineGirl,

Welcome to the forum. I've posted a link below. Please keep posting.

Hugs,
MG

http://www.aa-bac.org/

Old 02-19-2003, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Sunshine girl, glad to have you here!

I absolutely hope you find a local Al-anon group. They work wonders! And they can provide you with the materials you need.

Also, don't forget your local library! It will carry the Al-anon books as well. I checked some out a few weeks ago and they are due today. And I know there's also a wealth of info on the internet, as you can already tell.

The most important thing to remember (at least for me) is that there are so many wonderful people out there (like here) that have gone through and are going through similar experiences, and that really makes you realize that you are not alone!

Good luck,
kate
Old 02-19-2003, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome,

Read the stickie posts at the top of Alanon and Naranon. There is a book club as well for alot of reading. There is free and low cost material at Alanon meetings. Your phone book will have a listing for Alanon or AA...either one can steer you to a meeting and from there you can get a meeting list in your area.

Good luck to you. Alanon and the 12 steps gave me my sanity back.

Hugs,
JT
Old 02-19-2003, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Sunshine Girl!

You have found such a wonderful place here. Reading as much as you can here is a great start. Sharing hope and experience with others will help too! I think its great your gonna get to some face to face meetings.

In the mean time, take care of you and many many hugs!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SunShineGirl

Well, thats a great start! The Librabry, I forgot about the library! Thank You very much for the help. Today is a brand new day!

Old 02-22-2003, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wanted to welcome you SunShinegirl!

This is a great place for support. There is alot of information to read here as well. I'm so glad you found us.

Take care and I'm sending a ray of sunshine your way!!!
matters