Holiday weekends/snow storms and

Old 02-17-2003, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holiday weekends/snow storms and

no alcoholic in the mix messing it up. I have spent the past few days being very grateful that this holiday weekend/snow extravaganza was not complicated by living with my alcoholic. He is usually at his all time worst when he has too much time on his hands. Holiday weekends and/or snow storms were always tough to get through with him in the house. I can't imagine what it would have been like having to deal with him through a holiday weekend that turned into a horrendous snow storm. This is the first one that I have weathered with it just being the boy and I. My goodness it was quiet and "stress free" in my house. Just counting my blessings.
Peace,
Gabe
P.S. Smoke, the party animal in his President's Day hat is just killing me. I can't wait to see his St. Patrick's Day garb.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gabe

I think it is the calm AFTER the storm!! Freeing ourselves from the chaos is so refreshing and it sounds like you and your boy will be just fine.

You are an inspiration here and I am grateful for all your wonderful posts that remind me what working a program is all about.

Wishing you sunny days!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Ann

Could you send those sunny days UPS Priority Overnight please? I'm so ready for warm breezes and the scent of blossoms in the air. I will keep those things in mind as I dig out the other half of my car tomorrow.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 02-17-2003, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Gabe}}}

Believe it or not - you have it worse than most of Canada. In Toronto it's not too cold, about 28F and we have only a couple of inches of snow (although all around us got a good swat).

My heart goes out to everyone on the east coast who can only see white right now.

And a warning to all of you east-coasters - be careful shovelling!! It's not so good on the heart or back.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Let's hear it for peaceful weekends!

Hugs and a president's day hats off to you!

Smoke
Old 02-18-2003, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Okay Smoke

I am in tears laughing at the Party Animal in his snow hat and the mittens on his feet, sitting in front of the cup of hot chocolate. Bwahahahaha! Thank you for the laugh. It made all my sore "snow shoveling" muscles feel better.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 02-18-2003, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am just wondering, Gabe, how on earth you knew it was hot chocolate and not coffee? Dino hates coffee, hence the Dinotar shuns it, too.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can't say how I knew that

about the hot chocolate. Could be I have some karma-like connection with the Dinotar (is that a combo of "Dino" and "Avatar"?) because I find him so adorable.
Oh no, does this mean that I am hoplessly attracted to alcoholics, even in cartoon form?
Peace,
Gabe
Old 02-19-2003, 08:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Calm, calm! The dinotar is only addicted to changing hats.