PRAYERS REQUESTED-premie grandson

Old 06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

PRAYERS REQUESTED-premie grandson

Just requesting prayers......My grandson will be born tomorrow morning by
C-section...he is several weeks early and they don't believe his little lungs are developed. Also, I will not be able to go see him because the
daughter-in-law has requested I stay away from them. (read old posts for that story) They have not even told me he is being born, my youngest son let me know even though they made him swear not to.

Not feeling sorry for myself, just want everyone to know the situation and that he won't have his grandma's touch so all the prayers you can muster for my little "Alec David" will be greatly appreciated.

Babies are God's way of say the world will go on!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG Congrads to you..... Prayers on the way!!!!!

Im sorry you will not get to be there... but maybe in the future. If he is only 3 weeks early then it should not be a problem for his lungs... My daughter was 6 weeks premie and she was just fine.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh HG I am so sorry about this....
Alec David and your family are in my prayers...
Old 06-15-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am growing very weary of peoples cruelty. They are a disgrace to their ancestors. You are as close to that little one as a prayer. I guess it hadn't occurred to them that if you didn't know, you couldn't pray. Are they pof the mentality that the little one has enough and couldn't use one more. I'm sorry, so so very sorry. I hate to be negative but as a pediatric nurse, I can't stand one more moronic parent. They do bring all this drama with them to a childs sick room and I have put my finger in more than one face. I mention that because I want you to know that as a pediatric RN, I represent and never forget the grandmas who aren't present. I do lay hands and pray over each baby. From our hearts to Gods ears. Again, I am so sorry.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

Originally Posted by Cynay

If he is only 3 weeks early then it should not be a problem for his lungs.
I wish it was only three weeks....more like 7-8 as far as I know. I have been told he isn't due until the end of July.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fear not. That's what God said.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ohhhhhh ... sorry I must have misunderstood.

Ok... more prayers coming.

I just know he will be ok though hon... there are SO many things they can do now. My sister had a child that was very premature ... born 1lb 12" long and brought him though it ... Nothing to fear.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

prayers to you and alec david. may God take care of him and nurture him until you can.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way. There's a good chance everything will work out. Those little babies are fighters and the odds of survival are actually pretty good even that early. I hope things go well.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Praying for your little Alec, and your daughter, and for you too.

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Oh HG, What awful news for u and the family! I too will pray for the baby, U, and the rest of the family. My heart goes out to u now, it must be so hard to be estranged from ur son and daughter in-law at a time like this!! Let's hope all will go ok, he will be a fighther!!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

More prayers for you, the baby and the rest of the family.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My prayers go to you and your grandson. I know the feeling of being away from your grandchild...I have one that will be two in October that I have never seen other than a picture...didn't even know about her until she was almost a year old. I keep hoping time heals all wounds. My prayers will be for the health of your grandson as well as the healing of your family. Believe in the power of prayer!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Prayers are coming to you and your grandson and your entire family. ((((((HG)))))))
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dax

Hg -I am sending prayers your way. My daughter just had our second grandchild - a little girl June 1 by C-section. She can not lift her 21 month old for a month and was back in the hospital for a slight infection. We have had a rough but exciting 2 weeks. How can I not love a husband who stayed as sole babysitter for 10 day old baby Claire while daughter was inhospital with infection, her hubby going on a business trip and I doing 12 pet sits so I could go help with baby.
My grand daughter almost came 6 weeks early- my friend a nurse at Teaxs children's said even then her chances of survival would have been very good, So I think all will be well/
Plus I bet 'gram' will get a call to help out when daughter in law realizes she is going to need a lot of help. Sending prayers !!!!! dax
Old 06-15-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Three weeks early shoudn't be a problem but that isn't always so. Preemies born at 36 weeks have been known to have breathing problems. Each baby is different. With that said, the rate of problems drops dramatically after the 30 week mark. A hurdle? Absolutely but wonderful outcomes with no long term affects from babies born after 30 weeks these days.

I had one born at 29 1/2 weeks, weighing a little over two pounds. She couldn't breath on her own but only needed help for 24 hours (the little fighter). I had another born at 33 weeks....she never needed any help breathing. First preemie spent 7 weeks in the NICU. Second one only spent 1 week.....so you see how much of a difference those three weeks make? Plus, if it is scheduled then I'd imagine they gave her shots to help his lungs develop quickly. They also give them something to help make their lungs "wet" and it all works quickly.

Prayers coming your way.

P.S Both of my preemie babies are all caught up. You'd never know. The 29 1/2 weeker is well beyond other girls her age, she's even taller, LOL. By the time she was 15 months, you would have never known.

With the second preemie, by the time she was 3 months old, she was caught up!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Prayers to all al of you. And a little hope from me. My son was 5-6 weeks early (bag broke) He was 6lbs & 9 oz. He didn't even have finger or toe nails. He was heathy regardless of the timing. We can do so much for these little ones now. I hope that you will get to meet him soon. Babies change things sometimes. Good luck to you and my thoughts are with you.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i am praying for your grand baby and 3wk is not that bad i don't think. i am sorry that you are not suppose to be there, i pray too that that will soon change.

i had 6 premies,the biggest one was 6wks early,4lb15oz, 3- 7month premies 2 were 4lb and a few ozs,and one was 3lb9ozs and 2- 6mo premies,1 -1lb and a few ounces and the other 2lb and some ozs and i grand d 7-mos at 3lb14ozs.

they all turned out just fine. some hospitals are very good with premies.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

Well, it is 11:00 and I just got off the phone with my son, he called to tell me the baby will be born tomorrow. I was shocked, but you know what really shocked me. The whole time he was on the phone with me my DIL was in the backround screaming names at him because he was talking to me. He told her several times to knock it off, but she never let up. So sad.

He told me I could come and see the baby tomorrow but I told him no, boy that was hard! I told him I didn't want to cause problems or upset the DIL any more than she already was because regardless of what she felt or thought I did love her and care what happened to her. I told him I would wait until emotions settled down. It will be hard not to go to the hospital tomorrow. I can't guarantee I won't sneak in and take a peek, but I will try not to....it would just be more disruptive.

If we are allowed to ask for a second prayer, please pray for my son he is in a very difficult place right now.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i will make sure that i say a prayer for your son, the baby's mama and the situation