Not sure what to say

Old 06-13-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure what to say

I've been thinking of what to say to my ex when we are finally finished with selling the house. Each time I leave after packing a few things, if he's there, I just say, bye, see you later and leave.

Guess I'm trying to figure out the right words for closure and to part peacefully and emotionally strong. I'll probably just say bye, see you later like I always do and let things go from there.

Saturday I move everything else out and wait for the closing.
I just want to rip the band-aid off really quick and have it all over with already.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I remember a thread a while back about closure... and is it possible w/ an active addict. The general consensus from BTDT folks, (including myself) was no.

For most closure gets added to the list of all other relationship disappointments. It is up to us to process these feelings on our own.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ain't that the truth.

Good luck at the closing.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Again my MIL's saying comes to mind.

I will always love you but right now, with the actions you have, I don't like you.

I have found them to be words of such truth over the years.
I will hold such words in my heart with a smile on my face and just say...Bye, I hope you find your way one day, for your own sake.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Good luck on your closing and I'm excited that this will be over for you soon. I personally would not plan on saying anything to him. I'd just play it by ear and I would think the words would naturally come if there even were any. I think in many cases that by the time the end of the relationship has come that there is really not much left to say. In my case, everything I felt I needed to say has already been said.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I am sorry this chapter of our lives has to come to an end. I wish u the very best in the future!!!! Thats a suggestion~~

I am very happy for u that the house sold and I hope ur new start goes great!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by megamysterioso
In my case, everything I felt I needed to say has already been said.

Yes, that's pretty much true.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know what? Being free of him and walking away, without saying a word, is the best closure of all.

You know what I realized? Each time I'd "say something" I was doing so for my own benefit, not his. I was trying to acheieve something that wasn't attainable. I wanted him to hear me and see the error of his ways. I wanted him to be sorry. But truly, what good would that do? If he were sorry, if he heard me and saw the error of his ways, we woudln't be where we are. Releasing your feelings to someone who is addicted is like talking to a deaf person while they're back is to you.

Keep your dignity in tact. You've said it all a million times. Walk away knowing you didn't push your stuff on him AGAIN