Curiosity Still Kills

Old 06-13-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Curiosity Still Kills

if you were a genie, what would you do?
where would you go? i wonder how many different cities, states and contries are represented here?

i met a lot of new friends on another thread from a lot of different places. i guess that i did not realize that this was a global thing.

i am representing atl,ga and if i were a genie, i would zap away drugs and alcohol and the likes.

i'd take my ah and give him a new and improved brain.
i'd give my mil a new hubby so that she can finally get a life of her own.
i'd take my kids on their first plane ride and i would give myself the courage to fly.
we would take swim lessons so that i would not be afraid of the ocean then maybe i would take a cruise.
most of all, i would wisp away all the pain and the bad memories stemming from addiction.
i'd make sure that i'd come home and get me some transportation.

shoot, i can go on and on. i think that i would just zap some peace into my life.

is this dumb or what? just wishful thinking.

what about you?
what would you do if you were a genie. maybe i'll get an idea about what to do now.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think it's dumb at all. I think it's beautiful.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't think it's dumb, either. It's very moving teke. I like that they are all things that lead to a peaceful existence. I hope you get some of them.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nothing particular.....my "wish".....for as many wishes as I ever wanted!!haha

I like your list! and your cheery way! Thanks!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pick-a-name
Nothing particular.....my "wish".....for as many wishes as I ever wanted!!haha

I like your list! and your cheery way! Thanks!
Some of those things CAN happy and I hope they do..........too bad you don't live in Ohio, or I would teach you to swim. It has been many,many years since I did that but when I was younger I taught lots of people to swim.....even a class for older ladies and they had a ball! Hope you look into that! (not saying your are an "older lady",either ha)
Old 06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

'd give my mil a new hubby so that she can finally get a life of her own.
Uhm excuse me but, why would your mil have to have a new H to have a life of her own? Let's snake out this clog in the pipe...

I am wishing that all us codies start knowing that a relationship does not define who we are...
Old 06-13-2006, 08:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Teke - no it's not dumb at all - My wish is that I could go back to life before my AH..(but I would still have to have my kids )..when life was simple and silent. Before alcoholism ate away at my future. I realize now that I have a second chance at this and I'm gonna take it. You should too. So you are from Atlanta ??? To think every time I flew to Florida over the last 3 years and always had a lay over in Atlanta .....I was almost at your back door ??? The next time I go through there I might tell you to put on a pot of coffee....lol.

Janet
Old 06-13-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Splendra - I ditto that.. what you said...

Janet
Old 06-13-2006, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

Unanswered prayers... some of God's greatest gifts.

Isn't that what the song says?

I have only recently come to believe that each and every event in my life, and probably most especially the difficult ones, have brought me something I needed.... whether I wanted it, or not.

Often, the pain I felt during the event has been my RESISTANCE to the lesson the universe has been trying to teach me.

Had I received my wishes? Lord knows, I might STILL be swimming in some of the same stuff.

So how would I wish today?

I would probably wish for a bit more clarity... for the ability to trust my heart, and to recognize my Higher Power.

I would wish the same for those around me...

... of course, THEN I might wish for a nice vacation to some place I've never been.

Most of those things, though - even the vacation - are things I am capable of doing myself.

Recovery brings many gifts.... sort of like wishes from a genie.

Good thread, Teke, gets me thinking. ((((Teke))))
Old 06-13-2006, 10:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

splendra, i would give my mil a hubby so that she would have let me have mine in peace. i think that out of guilt, she still feels as if she owes my h something cause while he was young, she was addicted and maybe feel that he was neclected. she never considered me and the kids as his family, she was to suppose be the most important person to him, after all she say the she's the mother and he does what ever he can to win her love, even deny his baby cause she needs her hair done.

there is something wrong with this picture. she acts as if she needs my h to take care of her. she depends on him a lot financially and she's the one with the degree and chooses not to work. gosh, thats another story, she blames me for his addiction and tries to make me look like the enemy in his eyes. doesn't matter if he started useing when he was 8 yrs old in a totally different state from me. i think that she was too busy entertaining her male friends and getting high to notice.