I need some serious help

Old 06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Originally Posted by historyteach
... they cannot share any information with you; but, they CAN listen to you.
Oh, and you can write a letter or a note too, and deliver it.
I agree with history teach. When my daughter was committed to the psych ward last summer after a suicide attempt, I talked to every doctor and nurse who would give me the time of day. I made a nuisance of myself.

Morning Glory, I am praying for you and your son. My heart goes out to you.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thinking of you MG, hope you got a good nights sleep. Really hope your son is better. hugs
Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

MG, I've been following this thread as closely as I can. I have no words of advice, but know that there are a lot more people like me who are reading, who are caring about you, who are silently supporting you, but who, for whatever reason, don't feel they should be posting.

I don't know you that well, and am relatively new to the board, but you have my complete and total support, for whatever that's worth.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

MG....you are in my thoughts today.....
Old 06-13-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Morning Glory, Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I hope things are getting better and if not that you are at least "treating yourself to something nice." 70% imported dark chocolate usually helps me.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:21 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just an update.

They held him past the 72 hours and extended it to 14 days. He will probably get out later this week. They took him off of the paxil and wellbutrin and put him on effexor. He said the psychiatrist was going to call me tomorrow so he must have given them permission to talk to me.

He was really angry at me when he first found out that they were keeping him longer, but calmed down. I go back and forth with a restraining order when he gets like this. He told me today that I was going to pay for this. I called the nurse and let them know to tell the doctor he was threatening me. Then he called back later and apologized. I don't want to let him get by with any bad behavior. He was only this bad once before, 4 years ago. Alcohol is his drug of choice, but when things are really bad for him he adds crack to it and that makes him go crazy.

He has no job and no way to pay his rent in 2 weeks so it might just get worse for him. He said he was going to follow through with counseling when he gets out. I hope he does.

My counseling appointment is tomorrow

Thank you for the prayers and support.

Hugs,
MG
Old 06-13-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I am glad they are able to keep him for a bit longer. Hopefully the new medication will help. I myself take Effexor, and I know many who have benefited from it. Maybe 14 days with no alcohol and starting the new medication will give him a good "head start" before he gets out. And maybe after you talk to the doctor tomorrow they will know a little bit more to make sure he gets the help he needs while he is there.

I am glad your counseling appointment is tomorrow. Take care and hang in there!!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
On a tear

dammit... I hate what addiction does to us and to those who love us.

Morning Glory, please know you are in my prayers.... right this minute. Speeding toward you right now is a whole room full of prayers.... that one over there is for comfort, with another just like it right behind - so go ahead and double dip, it's allowed.

Over there is one for warmth and peace (you can tell by that soft orangey color... isn't that inviting?). The one just touching your heart is love... you should be able to feel that one, I like to call it "heartfelt".

The others are gathering around you, now... Comfort... Caring .... Serenity... Calm... Wellness and Well-being - those sillies, think they are twins or something... smile.

And that bright one, over by the lamp? That is Joy! She fills me when I least expect it.

Don't forget that big one with the blue wrarp - yep, it's for you, too - how do you like it? I agree, a gal can never have enough Hope.

Prayers are scheduled to come in all day and night, MG... just when you need them.

(((((MG))))
Old 06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers continue for the two of you...
Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

MG - you stand strong. It's just a personal opinion but I think you're walking a fine line with precision, logic and absolute caring. You're boundaries, consequences and caring actions come together to actually give him a safe and dependable relationship that won't allow him to shift further into the 'unreal' side of his thinking.

I think you're doing incredibley well, and I think you will have more ability to deal with tomorrow's than you realise. Sometimes small changes can make a big difference, what's the reality for him now is a 'certainty' to be the same reality for tomorrow - it's easy to remember things can get worse like that but it's helpful to me to remind myself they also get better like that too.
If he's given permission for you to talk to his docs then I think it might begin to feel a bit more like a team approach.

Thinking of you lots!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Effexor never helped for me personally but I hope things will get better for your son soon.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Morning Glory-

Remember to take care of you. No matter how much recovery you have, the stress of watching your child self destruct is very debilitating. Try to put extra supports in place for yourself right now.

God bless you and your son.
I'm praying for you both.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
On a tear

MG - How are you doing today? Sending another bunch of prayers your way... right now.

((((Morning Glory))))
Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Sis,

I picked him up yesterday and took him home. He has a good follow up plan and seems to be stable for now. The Effexor seems to be helping him.
It's up to him to follow though now. He has all the resources available to him.

I went to my counseling appointment. I'm going to make an appointment with the psychiatrist and explore medication for my depression. I've been unsuccessful so far because the medication causes muscle pain that will cause damage to my muscles. I'm going to see my counselor every 3 weeks and we're going to explore some better coping methods.

I really appreciate all the support.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Morning Glory., I take Effexor and it works for great me. I have tried other AD and this work well with no sexual side effects. My girlfriend takes Cymbalta and she loves it. I am glad ur son has a plan and u are in a better place, worrying does take it's toll, as I well know with our son. Prayers for u & ur son are on going, I have added him to our prayer chain. Take Care, Kerry
Old 06-17-2006, 09:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning Glory,

Coming in late. I saw this last night but was not in a good place mentally. I have to try really hard to separate your situation and mine. You know what I mean.
I am so glad they held him longer. Frankly I would have wished for at least 30 days.
I think I can say that with some understanding because tho' different I think there is relevance. I have been undergoing a pharmocological overhaul. It affects me in every way. I have been on medical leave for a month. There is no way I could have gotten back out in the world and functioning in 14 days. I am not okay at 30 days. This last week has been the very hardest.
So, I guess, yes, I hope for some kind of ongoing support system for both of you for as much time as it takes.
hugs and love,
live
Old 06-17-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

MG - so so sorry to hear of this. My prayers are with you and with your son.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Just dropped in to say I'm thinking of you, MG and keeping you and your son in my prayers.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

(((MG)))

Have been thinking of you the past few days and I really hope you can find an anti-d that works for you. It sounds as though the crisis has passed for now and I pray that both you and your son find healing.

love you,

deedee
Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I hope this can help

Dear MG,

I am so so sorry to hear of your experience. I know it can be hard. I read your response about his change in medication. I'm not sure if this will help but I will share my experience.
When I was in my teens a phsychiatrist prescribed me an anti depresant. However, instead of making me feel better I became worse. I started self mutalation and tried suicide. All of this was within three to four weeks of starting the medicine. My mom decided to take matters into her own hands and flushed the remaining of the medicine down the toilet. I had been mis diagnosed. Also, the medication had a bad respnse to another medicine I was on for my heart condition. My mom is a nurse and she has taught me not to always take the doctors orders like the bible. To always do your own research ( the PDR is great) and never be afraid for a second opinion. I know it is a scary thought but not all counslors give the best help. I have had multiple bad experiences. It is good to go through references and talk to friends. Anyway, I hope this hepls out a little. You are in my prayers.