Accepted an offer on the house today

Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Accepted an offer on the house today

Just wanted to share the good news. Ex and I accepted an offer and we have a quick closing date of June 30. I'm keeping positive thoughts that all will go smoothly and there won't be too much to fix on the inspection report.

The funny part was that I wasn't even upset. More so relieved that an end is really in sight now. Ex said, "Let me know when you plan on taking the washer and dryer and the bed." I'll continue to stay at my parents and save some money and just get a storage unit. It'll be a good time to donate things I really don't need to hang on to anymore. I'm such a packrat.

I've already decided my new kitchen will be a cheery blue and yellow color with a lemon theme for awhile, something to the effect of "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."
Old 06-04-2006, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Congrats and I'm sooo happy for you!!! I love your kitchen theme . I hope all goes smoothly.

I'm a packrat myself. I plan on letting go of alot myself when I move next month. I think it will be very therapeudic. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Good News!! That color theme sounds really cheery, I am a big fan of color, my irish mother says I must have some spanish in me because my house has so many different colors. My mother is so white and beige, boring!! I am a packrat 2, so sentimental. I have drawers of projects and things the kids have colored when they were little. I colored the livingroom a suede sandlewood color a few years ago trying to be more "conservative". Jazzman if u are out there I actually moved the sofas away from the walls. I think I will join the 2000's. Congradulations!!!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I've already decided my new kitchen will be a cheery blue and yellow color with a lemon theme for awhile, something to the effect of "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."
Sounds fresh, sunny, and cheery, and a happy place to be. Here's hoping your new life will be the same. Congratulations on the contract.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sofas away from the walls..... I remember that thread...LOL
In my house I had a sofa table behind the sofa and against the wall...
Now in my condo it is(sofa) in the center of the room kind of like a room
divider..between the dining room and living room....
Sorry to derail a bit....

I do like that idea though...... lemons....