Im really getting anxious

Old 06-01-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Im really getting anxious

Ok friends, my big move is 19 days away, and I am really really getting nervous. The anxiety I get before a panick attack has been creeping in all day.
What is going on with me? Its not even seeming ecviting right now, just scary..like I wont be able to do it right.
Im nervous I wont be able to get all my ducks in a row and it will fall apart. Im feeling just jittery and nauseus and like I can not complete any one task on my list of 200 things to do before I move my house and office.

Is this a reaction to the change maybe?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

elizabeth,im sure it is. when i moved last june i was scared to death.i had been at the same place with the same landlord for like seven years. it was way cheaper,too.....so you can imagine all the anxiety i had!
best move i ever made!! and im sure it will be for you too!!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you. The stuff is being moved out of my house on the 16th and into my new house on the 19th. There is so much still to do. I have to keep reminding myself to breathe.....................

L
Old 06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, hon. I feel like that and I'm only going on holiday!

I sat down tonight and did a brainstorm (complete with mind-map!) of all the things I need to do in the next 2 weeks. It's not finished, but I feel a lot calmer now. I think it's a control thing for me. I have it licked most of the time and I am pretty easy-going, but when I'm doing something major on my own, then I get a bit jittery at the planning stage.

What do you think you won't do right? As long as you and your stuff get down there relatively unscathed, then that seems OK to me. Perhaps you need to look at the whole "perfect" thing a little. I know that's what gets me every time. Then I remember to ask myself "What's the worst that could happen?" and decide what I would do in that situation, then everything seems less daunting.

I have no idea if any of that will help, but I thought I'd share some of my tips.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Of course its normal...

Change is always scarry even if its a change for the good! Just breath, keep focused and you will be just fine. It does not have to be perfect... just remember it only has to be perfect for you... and no matter what happens the end result is perfect for you!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Perhaps you need to look at the whole "perfect" thing a little.
I thought that too. Its just this overwhelming feeling of "Im gonna screw this up" running through my head. Im afraid Im going to miss some major detail and make my life a nightmare. I feel like I have too much responsibility.

I am charge of the office move also. So, I cant get my arms around relocating a business and a home and it just seems so daunting. And all the while, I am trying to answer all and any questions to old mutual friends that D and I had in a very ambiguous fashion, bc I dont want him to know where I am going. That is really eating at me. Im very concerned that he will show up down there.

I have a list of things that must be done, and Ive researched all sorts of move tips and calendars...ahhhhhh.

I do think it may have to do with my fear of failing, getting in trouble, feeling badly about my performance kind of thing.

Thanks for listening
Old 06-01-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

It's natural to feel anxious Sarah. Moving is stressful enough on its own- much less moving out of state! I hope for you sake that HE does NOT show up down there.

You'll be fine and take deep breaths. All of those things that seem like they "won't get done" always end up getting done don't they? You'll make it and you'll laugh about this anxiety when you're enjoying the beach with your umbrella drink. Just don't choke on it this time! LOL
Old 06-01-2006, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It seems pretty normal to me. When I'm in that anxious state I have 3 things that calm me down: a walk, browsing the bookstore and/or attending a meeting. What is something you do that you really enjoy?
Old 06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And all the while, I am trying to answer all and any questions to old mutual friends that D and I had in a very ambiguous fashion,
Sarah, why can't you just say something like "it's not a personal thing, but since you may see D and accidentally mention where I am, I'd rather not say if that's OK with you" or something along those lines. I think true friends would understand that and then that is one stress you can eliminate.

Oh my word, yes, moving and such a big move for you is stressful, it would be with anyone. One day at a time .... before you know it, you'll be all moved in and settled.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Change can be very hard but very very good. That's why most people don't change, it's hard and scarey. The doors to a new and beautiful life are just 19 days away. I know, I have been there. When I left my first husband, I left with a five year old, a six month old and NO money. Self doubt and fear have been such a big part of your life, they've kept you living in a bad situation. Think aobut it, what could possible be wore than ging backward? You will be fine. You are just having the labor pains of change. This thing that is so scarey is one you aren't familiar with. It is called forward. This is a part of life your alcoholic has worked diligently to hide form you so it was scarey and unfamiliar.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Thank you everyone. Sadly, what I do to make myself feel better and calm down, is do things for others. Although this is not always healthy, that is what I chose to do last night.
Went to my parents house becuase my mom has been sick and in the hospital and on some ridiculous amount of painkillers, so I prepared all of her stuff for her garage sale for her last night and early this morning.

why can't you just say something like "it's not a personal thing, but since you may see D and accidentally mention where I am, I'd rather not say if that's OK with you" or something along those lines.
You are right, absolutely. I should.

Think aobut it, what could possible be wore than ging backward?
Mallow, so true indeed. I need to remember that.
Thank you!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Change can be stressful but it usually works out that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.. (for me that is). You'll be fine.

Say... it wouldn't add anymore stress if you found out we were all coming to your new place two days after you move in... would it?
Old 06-02-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

[QUOTE][Say... it wouldn't add anymore stress if you found out we were all coming to your new place two days after you move in... would it/QUOTE]

Um well, yes it would...and speaking of travel. I think its YOUR place you should be worried about based on the going ons of late...

Thats though, made me smile!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I was just kidding about crashing your place... don't you feel better now knowing you don't have to deal w/ that?!?!? LOL!!!