There is Hope!

Old 05-29-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There is Hope!

Hello everyone!
It's just a wee word to say that however crap and abused you feel, you can and will find your peace!
I was sexually abused by my badminton coach, when i was 12 years old! My parents refused to believe me, because he was a pillar of the community! I finally told them when i was 20! Anyway, to cut a long story short, i've found my peace! It took a long time, and i was attracted to men who would drink, and hurt me emotionally! Anyway, i woke up one morning and thought ENOUGH!! I got rid of R, and stopped being afraid!! My little boy is growing up emotionally happy and proud of himself! The funny thing is, that when i had a family meal with my parents, my mom confessed to me that she knew about it! I hugged her and forgave her, and i do! The point that i'm trying to make in my own silly way is that you have to look inside you and see what makes you have enough. What makes you say no more! Anyway God Bless You and take care! xx
Old 05-29-2006, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

I'm so glad you are feeling happy and empowered.
Recovery can work magic in people's lives.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Robina, I'm not very good at expressing my feelings, or writing about them! All i'm trying to say is that there is a better life out there, with no fear or uncertainty! Look at me! Own house, own car great job, pay my bills and i have my wee man who is happy and secure! No more fear!!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

was there anything in particular that helped you....i guess decide that you deserved better in your life??
Old 05-30-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Thanks for sharing Libralady and you should be proud of all your accomplishments. You do indeed rock!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

A story of hope and determination, thanks for sharing it. You are a strong woman!! Kerry