Two weeks later... A happy ending!!

Old 02-12-2003, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Two weeks later... A happy ending!!

My A returned from the rehab center about two weeks ago. He has been clean and sober for about 6 weeks now however. It has been the most awesome 6 weeks ever!! He is going to AA and is also going to our local United Counseling Service for additional counseling. He really wants to improve his (OUR) life this time! (He ran his truck off the road on Jan 3rd and was picked up for his 4th DUI, in case you haven't read previous posts of mine.) We are awaiting his court date, which we found out is scheduled for sometime in April. In the meantime, He still has his 9 O'Clock cerfew and he has to check in to the police dept. and "blow in" twice a day. That is somewhat of a pain, but we do it, hoping it will look good to the judge, showing that he really wants to change.

I did get a little thrown tonight... the police came to my door looking for him. They were just doing "house checks" and brought a breathalizer thingie and made him blow in right there. They had a whole list of names there were going to check on tonight, and Greg just happened to be one. I felt invaded. These guys came into MY home with my children there just to make sure he was home and sober. I know they were just doing there job, but still... I've never dealt with anything like this before so it's really all new to me. Maybe I'm just over-reacting, I don't know. I do know that life is MUCH easier with a sober fiance!! He is just about back to the man I fell in love with two years ago. This is what I wanted! Things are looking up... although, where we were, we were too far down to look any further!! LOL

Thanks for being here and listening to me babble... you guys are great! Peace!!!
Julie
Old 02-12-2003, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Julie

I love happy stories and I am glad that he is doing so well. I have never heard of that police thing before, and I agree that it is intrusive. I guess I understand why they do it, but they should have had him step away from the children while he took the test.

Now that he is working so hard on his recovery, I hope you will be working on yours. For us it just keeps getting better and better too.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Julie,

I just love happy beginnings.
Peace,
Gabe