I'm an alcoholic

Old 05-27-2006, 01:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Im sorry you feel so much pain and are suffering... look for the right things to do and you will find.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Procrastinator

Originally Posted by equus
Am I right in thinking 'Marchman Acted' is similar to 'sectioned' in the UK? Forced treatment for mental health?
Yes, basically. In the states it is commonly referred to as Baker Acted. Marchman Act is similar here in Florida where Thax and I reside. I think you have to have 2 family members and one authority/clinical figure (i.e. doctor, police officer) to sign off on it before it can happen. Therefore, it is a slim chance that someone would get Baker Acted/Marchman Acted without a reasonable cause.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh, I just love that victim mentality.
Accept no responsiblity for your actions...
Point the finger of blame elsewhere...especially towards the people who love you and care about you the most.
You aren't just hurting yourself, Thaxton....you're hurting every one around you.

You won't get much sympathy from me...
Old 05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Don't hate the only one who loved you enough to do this.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Wait a minute. Just because the poster is an alcoholic doesn't mean that we have to accept unacceptable behavior, and I certainly won't accept it from you, Thaxton. And apparently neither will your wife--good for her. You get no sympathy from me. You came here for one reason--to make yourself feel better by using foul language and blaming others for your mistakes. Contrary to what you believe, the world doesn't revolve around you.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey y'all know what? We are all behaving so typically co-de with Thaxton. He can do what he wants and when he wants. We certainly don't need to respond to this do we?

Live and let live! It's his choice, if we respond, we aren't detaching very well are we? LOL
Old 05-28-2006, 03:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No thank you for sharing Thaxton. I am an alcoholic as well. Question: Do you want to stop drinking for good and for all? Or are you simply looking for sympathy whilst you wallow in self-pity and self-righteous anger? I think you'll find you won't get that here. If all you want is someone to pat you on your head and tell you that you're ok, go over to the Alcoholics Anonymous forum. They'll love you to death over there.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

You know Judy one of these days an active alcoholic is going to post a "hook thread" in this forum and will get no responses at all. That will be a good day.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman
You know Judy one of these days an active alcoholic is going to post a "hook thread" in this forum and will get no responses at all. That will be a good day.
It will be a good day! I feel badly for people suffering so I really do, where I get caught up is thinking my words will actually MEAN something to somebody else!! I think very highly of myself LOL. Part of my co-de disease.

I don't suffer from big relapses, I have teeny tiny ones every day!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

While I cannot prove it, my gut tells me that we won't hear from Thaxton again. I feel he was probably in his cups when he posted it and that's the end of it. There is nothing worse than an alcoholic on the pity pot (or anybody on the pity pot for that matter).

If I'm wrong on this, I will admit it and apologize but I just don't think that's going to be the case here.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I will add him and his wife to my prayers.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Pick, I think that is the very best (and only) thing we can do.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Let me ask you this- why did your wife petition to get you in this Marchmen act? How many DUI's have you had? How many times have you driven and put other peoples lives in danger. Do you have kid's? What effect does you drinking have on them? on your wife? on your family? If you like to be drunk- go be drunk- just do it somewhere away from the people it hurts because they are crazy enough to love you.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Ummmm... pardon me, (I'm Canadian lol). What is a Marchmen Act? I'm not getting the whole thread because I've never heard of it.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Here's a link from the state of Florida that discusses it.

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/mentalhealth/marchman/marchmanacthand03p.pdf#search='marchman%20act%20fl orida'
Old 05-28-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Kelley: I want to thank you and Thaxton for making people in Florida aware of this. Unfortunately, in my state there is nothing comperable (at least not for what I needed,or so I was told regarding protecting AH's assets from him). I am happy to see this avenue (albeit difficult) does exisist in certain cases in Florida. It might be a good "head's-up" for us in other states.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
On a tear

You are an alcoholic, yet the only posts you make are in the forum for friends and family.

What? Are you afraid of what your peers might say to you?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

BigSis, are you referring to me? If so, think again. I post in Newcomers, Alcoholics, AA and Friends and Family. I am not afraid of what my peers may say to me. Why don't you pull up the postings under my name and then tell me where you think I "belong".

And if you're trying to infer that I don't belong because I am an alcoholic let me tell you something. I was an alcoholic for 3.5 years. I have been a codie for a h*ll of a lot longer than that.

I have lived both sides of this coin and like it or not I relate to both sides. If you have an issue with me posting here I am sorry but unless told by moderators that I have to leave I'm not going anywhere!
Old 05-28-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

By the way, in addition to interacting with my "peers" on this forum, I also interact with them at AA meetings where I am most every night of the week.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Kellye I honestly think BigSis was referring to the original poster..NOT YOU.
We all know that you post in several forums just as most of us do...
I don't mean to speak for BigSis but I didn't want you to feel bad all weekend
in the event she doesn't return for awhile.....what a codie am I...lol