One thing after another

Old 05-24-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question One thing after another

I have finally worked through learning to appreciate where he is and accept that I to am a person as I stated in the last post. I recently was laid off and after about 3 weeks found another job. As a parent who is coming up on the final date of divorce now after 10 days the girl I was replacing is keeping her job. And yes you guessed it unemployed again. Everytime I figure out one thing slap something else. The soon ex husband to be has decided to back me in a corner, make a decision forever? I thought I had. But then I questioned what was right for the long term for my daughter and I. I questioned my "boyfriend " about what are you going to do. If he could make a committment to me. He stands his ground strong and says I enjoy our friendship and your company and have no interest in anyone else. But that is all I can offer right now. I guess I felt a little robbed at the moment. Then I realized I had worked through that the ex had the issue not me. I was fine with where we were until the ex to be wanted an answer,. Now of course the ex to be says no you do not have to decide now but you still must make a decision. On what I ask nothing has changed. Things with him have not changed and the marriage if resolved would be the same. I guess sometimes I question if this relationship with recovery is the right thing to introduce my daughter into. My "boyfriend" is a loving good man but as an adult this has been alot to handle for me. When he shuts off and shuts everyone out will she understand? I guess at this point that is my only question. I can have me and support him in his recovery but will my little girl be ok with it all. I feel selfish making a decision like that, it will effect the rest of her life. God knows as you can see no solid plans have been made between us. But I do not see us not together. We are a very big part of eachothers life I just want to make sure I am not continuing something I cannot hold true too in the end. I am sure this is a little confusing but any sense you can make of it would be helpful. Bottom line: STRESSED about the job situation or lack of one and feel like I need to know I am moving in the right direction . ANy thoughts?
Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You must be stressed, because I don't understand your post at all. It is just a run of thoughts, questions and answers. Can you try to just start at the beginning with one question that makes some sort of sense?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

based on the last response I guess maybe I should try again another day . Thanks for reminding me of the stress!!!!!!!!!!!! Please disregard the post at least I feel better writing it all out regardless of who got it. Thanks any way again please do not respond to this post thank you anyway.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No need to thank me, I want some folks to respond to you with some insight for you, and if you were able just wanted you to clarify. Tomorrow's another day, perhaps then. Take care.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry but I didn't understand your post either. Wasn't sure what type of
advice if any, you were looking for. To me it sounded as if your ex wanted
you back, your boyfriend laid it on the line that he couldn't/wouldn't
commit to you further. The only clear idea, was that you would be losing your job and in need of employment....
Stress is awful, please do come back when you collect your thoughts....
I hope you feel better soon.....
Old 05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for not making it any more difficult then i did by trying to explain it all in one breath LOL. The sun will rise again and I am going to try again. I suppose so long as I can keep trying I have something going for me.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, just keep trying. hugs
Old 05-24-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

So Confused, I understand what u are saying perfectly!! We all just need to let out our feelings. Sometimes advice is not asked for, a willing ear can be lent. Please don't let this thread run u off we are usally much more supportive. Just keep ur chin up and take care of you. Remember one day at a time.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Reader,

I don't think anyone who responded wasn't being supportive....
The poster asked "any thoughts" at the end of her post. How
in the world can we possibly give any thoughts if we don't understand
what is being asked???
If you understood perfectly why didn't you offer any supportive thoughts
instead of commenting on others confusion to this thread, which the
poster herself admitted was a difficult read.......
and it appears she hasn't been run off as she has contributed to
another of her threads....sometimes a post isn't always easy to "get"
and instead of ignoring the poster I think letting them know the
reason why they aren't getting the responses they seek is helpful.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

People People People RELAX
I had a brief moment.lol I agree difficult to understand did not make sense. Most important this site is to help. Regardless of who got it, although I am glad at least one person did. I feel better and that is the point of all of this. Life will go on. I will figure it out. We always do. Somedays are worse than others. But I have faith and I believe. So having said that thanks again and I will keep coming back I too can read through people and their responses. Kerry thank you for your kind words I needed at least someone to get it. lol
SC
Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

then all is well...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lol

SC
Old 05-26-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds stressful, sometimes when so much is happening, it is hard to make sense of it all. Thoughts become jumbled, etc. Take care of yourself...
Old 05-26-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks for the reply one day at a time