*sigh*

Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

*sigh*

Wow so many things going on these days. Mom had a heart attack, My daughter also got very ill. My AH called me on Mothers day to wish me a good one. He went and saw Mom in the hospital, he was on his nads a knees crying telling her he was going to get better. She ask what he was doing toget better, he said well, I don't keep it in the house or go hang out at bars ect..... He looks like hell. I know it was just a bunch of crap He will never get better untill he goes out and gets it. He can not do this on his own.
I had a job interview last week at a school. I would LOVE this job, it is working with brain injured children, I felt the interview went well but I havent heard anything yet. Shoul I call? Would you? My kids are doing good in school and my daughters softball team won leauge. YEA, her batting average was above 600, if she keeps this up she will get a schoolarship. Hope you all are doing well. Mom's home now she is staying with me for a few days. My daughter is better too. She has another prom this weekend. My boys are going away with their aunt this weekend. i'll have time to myself. Yea
Old 05-23-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better kermit.

Sounds like thinks are going pretty well for you. About your interview - I say call them. Just let them know that you are still very intresting in the job and you wonder if they have made a decision yet. Good Luck!!

~doll
Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree. I would call. But, then again, I am not a patient person.

L
Old 05-23-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

You do have a lot going on!! I'm glad that your mother is recovering and that your daughter is well again. I bet you cannot wait to have some time to yourself to de-stress.

I would call about the job also. It shows them that you're still interested and it will keep you from wondering. If for some reason you do not get the job, send them a thank-you letter for the interview. This really is a good thing to do always. If the person they do hire does not work out, they'll remember the letter. I hope you get this job though!!

You're right about your AH. He may "want" to get better, but he never will unless he DOES something about it. Prayers to you and your family Kermit.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

*laughs* actually I think its quite professional to do a follow-up call and advise them your still interested... did they give you a time frame?

*shakes her head* you know that is probably the last thing you Mother needed in the hosiptal was him crying all over making promises he cant/wont keep.... geeezzz

Glad to hear its calming down for you... Take the time and do something very special for just YOUUUUU!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree about calling about the job as well. As someone who's hired many people, I've never been put off about someone following up to inquire about progress and reaffirm their interest. If anything, it communicates their motivation.

That said, I'd leave it at one follow-up -- I've also had the experience of someone too eager, so to speak, and that set off alarm bells.

best
gf
Old 05-23-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Thanks everyone, calling now!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((kermie)))

I knew you were tough girl!!! Enjoy your time to yourself.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Okay I spoke with the school, they said they are still doing the interviewing process and that a ecision has not been made and that they would let me know either way so in the mean time I'm looking elsewhere. I have been so tired, not wanting to deal with much, I have been having to deal with AH way to much and he just brings me down, makes me sad. Makes me want a drink! JK! love ya guys.. Kermie
Old 05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

I hope you feel better now that you've called and you know what is going on. Hang in there and enjoy your time to yourself this weekend and have a drink with an umbrella in it! Pamper yourself in some way-- whether that is sleeping in really late, going to a matinee, treating yourself to a nice lunch-- do something sweet for Kermie!