I have to remind myself...

Old 05-19-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh I know Patty. I said everyone was kind. I was trying to talk about how it feels when you get all that directness and you're feeling vulnerable. It's like confirmation that your life's a mess.

bf come back. I think this post generated so much response because we all wish we were 22 again with the knowledge we have now. I never would have had the presence of mind to go seeking info like you did when I was 22. Then again the internet did not exist when I was 22.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I once stepped on my wee wee in a big huge way and was way out of line to a poster. Of course my response was triggered because of a soar spot in my own recovery. This poor poster just stepped on one of MY landmines. After I apologized for my behavior I stumbled onto another post and I saved it. I try to remember it every time I reply, (to a serious thread).

T is it truthful
H is it honest
I is it intelligent
N is it necessary
K is it kind.

Now if I could just put that into practice every time I might have to change my title.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I once stepped on my wee wee in a big huge way
Oh my God, I hope it's still working....
Old 05-19-2006, 03:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

FD -

heh heh..

I was going to say something about:

"Wow..that must be hard to do unless..."
(fill in the blanks with racy thoughts)
Old 05-19-2006, 03:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

It's just a figure of speach......

(probably one I should forget about here)

Oh well, I guess the title stands.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

People come back too. As time goes on and they remember what was said here I think they come back. Friends and family try to stay out of it. Eventually they get dragged in. At 18, I was brilliant. By 21 when my first son was born, I had some serious concerns. By 25, I knew my life was NOT like everyone elses, I was married to an alcoholic. I had hope and faith at 18, I believed the best about people. By 25, I was ready to listen. Everting I had been taught seemed false. You treat people right and they will treat you right. If a man stands at the alter and promises to love, honor and cherish you before God, that was it. I feel sorry for the poster you refer to because her beauty and youth, her faith and devotion are worth nothing more than a bottle of beer. I have always believed that God will forgive anything except destroying soemone elses faith. I hope this poster comes back.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I knew everything when I was twenty-two as well. I wouldn't listen to anyone. I didn't know that I was in for nine more years of pathological, destructive alcoholic drinking that would eventually drag me into the pits of hell, taking the ones who loved me along or the ride and destroying all our hopes and dreams.

I got sober when I was thirty-one and I'm forty six now. Another thing I didn't know was that it was going to take every drop I drank and all the pain, despair, remorse, guilt, self-pity, and all the mistakes I've made sober to bring me to where I am now. Free with a live that means something and is worth living.
Jim
Old 05-21-2006, 08:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

(((Prodigal)))
I was thinking of you on my way to Mexico the other day, did you hear me? Man, it's been hot this last week.::
Hugs and Prayers,
Loulouise
Old 05-21-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Procrastinator

As its been said I think when someone first comes on this board they are looking for solutions on how to fix the A. I didn't like all of the responses I received at first. At times it may seem like a bombardment, but the truth is if she received that many responses she (especially as a Psych major) would have to think, "Hmmm, am I wrong or are all of these people wrong?"

I may have not liked all of my initial responses. But I kept reading. And I started getting it. If she really wants to help she'll keep reading and she'll hopefully get it. As it was said before, the reason it IS such a bombardment is because it strikes a chord in all of us and we want to run and find her and tell her, "RUN!!!!!!!!!!!"

She'll be back.......xoxo